Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
6,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From MO:

Picked up a small blurb on the CBS website for Sept 25th. This looks like it will air on Sept. 26th on the CBS Evening News show. Here is the planned show:

(CBS) HERE’S AN EARLY LOOK AT WHAT WE’RE WORKING ON FOR TOMORROW’S BROADCAST:

Life in the fast lane can get you killed. We'll show you how extreme motorcycle gangs are putting their lives and yours at risk.

Looks like we better watch and respond accordingly.

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
Sweet, another piece of objective journalism!

·
Registered
6,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This will be on 'Eye of America' tonight, 5:30pm or so, check your local listings. Here is the contact info for CBS to tell them what you think.

Contact Information
(CBS) CBS Evening News, Weekdays editions:

ADDRESS:
CBS Evening News with Dan Rather
524 West 57th St.
New York, NY 10019

E-MAIL: [email protected]

PHONE: (212) 975-3247

·
Premium Member
5,711 Posts
Hmm. I probably agree with them about 'Extreme motorcycle gangs' if they're talking about the stuntas. Ideally, they would find some responsible motorcyclists to balance/contrast but that probably wouldn't make for good TV...

·
Registered
6,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Link to preview
That link should work for the preview to the show, you'll need Real player installed for it to work. I can't get to it from work, damn firewalls block some UDP traffic, fookers.

·
Registered
6,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Jafo it won't work if you don't have RP.

Dan Rather's show just starting, just waiting on the story.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
I was just thinking that some timezones are or have already seen this. So.. what's the gist. I'll probably watch if I know how far into the normal blathercast I have to wade to see it.

·
Registered
6,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I just watched it, and of all places in the country, they picked my hometown of Dallas to do the story at. The squidnight they showed is a Sonic in Garland, TX that all the stunnaz go to (but some real enthusiasts as well).

The just of it is stunts, and racing on public streets. They spoke nothing but negative , nothing of the good side as usual. This is a little different as Dan's show is national instead of regional. And boy Tony, called me to see if he could convince me to meet him down there this evening. I should go and see what the squids have to say about it.

·
Registered
700 Posts
Holeshot : I was just thinking that some timezones are or have already seen this.  So..  what's the gist.  I'll probably watch if I know how far into the normal blathercast I have to wade to see it.
It's the very last bit... tune in about 5 minutes before the end.

It was the standard media stereotype with the sobbing mother thrown in for good measure.  I'm truly sorry for the loss of her daughter, but they never said if the daughter (who was the rider) was involved in a stunting or street racing accident when she crashed - just implied it.  The only thing they said was that she hit a curb.

Maybe one of our Dallas members know the story since it wasn't truly reported on the news.

·
Registered
88 Posts
BizJetGuy : Quote (Holeshot @ Sep. 25 2003, 6:55pm)I was just thinking that some timezones are or have already seen this.  So..  what's the gist.  I'll probably watch if I know how far into the normal blathercast I have to wade to see it.
It's the very last bit... tune in about 5 minutes before the end.

It was the standard media stereotype with the sobbing mother thrown in for good measure.  I'm truly sorry for the loss of her daughter, but they never said if the daughter (who was the rider) was involved in a stunting or street racing accident when she crashed - just implied it.  The only thing they said was that she hit a curb.

Maybe one of our Dallas members know the story since it wasn't truly reported on the news.
Probably got ran over by a 80 year old man! Just slipped their minds to mention it.

·
Registered
548 Posts
I saw the preveiws for this episode the other day. They said something about how an innocent girls life was taken by dangerous motorcyclists and proceded to show some video footage of your typical stunta doin a wheelie in tennies and t-shirt. Which brings up another thing I saw. I was at the store today looking through the magazine rack and now the stunnas have their own glossy new mag. I forget the name but I had a look through. All the rider had the rear tire underinflated and all of their bikes were beat to sh1t.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Doesn't the parent company of Motorcycleist (Primedia) have a new *Stuntaz* magazine?  I read one of those features in it a few months back and there was some controversy about the new mag and one of the MC editors was taking the lead.

Geez.. now I need to go dig trhoug the mags to find it (or I guess I could just check their website).

Edit:  July issue of Motorcyclist (pg. 17).  The mag was named Super Streetbike but I checked the Primedia website and no list of it.  Maybe they got wise and canned it..  don't know (man.. how do I remember this crap.. and WHY do I remember this crap??)

There is an e-mail address in the article to where you can send *feedback* to the *editor* of the rag:

[email protected]

Edit:
Found the stinky little thing. Primedia makes a point of not mentioning or making this thing searchable from their website but they can't hide from Google!

Motorcycles announced spin-off rag - Super Streetbike

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
but wait.. there is more!!!

Edit: Removed Super Streetbike stuntaz image... just could not bring myself to leave it visible on the board

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
Holeshot : Doesn't the parent company of Motorcycleist (Primedia) have a new *Stuntaz* magazine?  I read one of those features in it a few months back and there was some controversy about the new mag and one of the MC editors was taking the lead.

Geez.. now I need to go dig trhoug the mags to find it (or I guess I could just check their website).

Edit:  July issue of Motorcyclist (pg. 17).  The mag was named Super Streetbike but I checked the Primedia website and no list of it.  Maybe they got wise and canned it..  don't know (man.. how do I remember this crap.. and WHY do I remember this crap??)

There is an e-mail address in the article to where you can send *feedback* to the *editor* of the rag:

[email protected]

Edit:
Found the stinky little thing. Primedia makes a point of not mentioning or making this thing searchable from their website but they can't hide from Google!

Motorcycles announced spin-off rag - Super Streetbike
they are still printing it, saw it at Wal-Mart this past weekend. actually read (did not purchase magazine) an editors article about 'us versus them'. stunnas versus the public and the publics image of stunnas.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts