Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i bought this to fix the threads on one plug on my 954. kit includes a stepped drill bit, tap handle, 2 collars for drill depth and to keep the drill bit centered in the plug well, a tap for the OD of the insert, a driver to to install the inserts and a package of about 15 inserts. i pushed a plug out of its threads about a year ago. this was the last option i had short of replacing the head.. the kit worked perfect. the company that makes the kit recommends that the repair should be performed with the head off. i gave it a go with the head on. brought the exhaust valve around and kept pressurized air in the exhaust port and also used heavy grease on the fluting in the bits and taps. this is more of a tool for a tech or a mechanic but it is a viable option in lieu replacing the head (actual cost of the head+gaskets+labor) if you need this repair done. its a good product, i own an operate an auto shop and would stand behind it.

kit will only repair 10mm x1.0pitch x15mm thread length.= most honda and other makes.

paid 480.00 for everything asking 325.00 used once, obo pm me

heres a link to the mfg++ TIME-SERT Threaded inserts for stripped threads, threaded inserts, thread repair stripped sparkplug's, Ford sparkplug blowouts, threaded inserts threaded, repair stripped threads, stripped threads, inserts threaded inserts, Ford spark plug repair,

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.