Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,

Can anyone tell me how I could spot whether my timing chain has been replaced and not just cleaned and lubed up? I don't trust the mechanic but I was desperate to get her fixed up.

Also, how can I tell whether it's a genuine, authentic Honda chain or not? Markings, print?

I know I'm asking alot but if here were more shops around here I'd take it to them for a 2nd opinion.

Thanks.

If I'm not on the Forum at the time, kindly mail me to [email protected], I get my mail there a/h too and will be off to a neighbouring province in the next day or two.

Much appreciated guys!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm not too sure but the chain that was on her was still the original one.

It's hard to say really, it could happen tomorrow or twenty years from now, it's not something that can be determined, however your service manual should state what the recommended time mileage or time frame should be.

I don't have one for my bike, so I'm just as clueless.

I reckon after 8 years, she well deserves it, don't you? That, AND I can't afford to have my bike standing around...it'll break my heart if I have to see her like that...ever heard of people dying of a broken heart...that'll be me!

Hopefully the chain will be authentic...:( Get yourself a trustworthy mackie when you do decide to replace her chain.

Ride Safe!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Chasey - 083-678-2050
Honda CBR 900RR Fireblade

SPIN - Nie soos in brei nie!
SAAG - Nie soos in balke nie!
SUIP - Soos in baie!!!

[email protected]
Raising Awareness...Saving Lives!

Think Bike!
www.thinkbike.co.za

1 - 3 of 3 Posts