Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had theirs go bad and if so what did the bike do? Today while at the track under heavy braking the bike would completely cut out, I would have to pull the clutch in and rev it to get it to come back. It only did it under heavy braking, when I would come in easy it worked fine. A few of the guys the other track whores with me thought that it was the sensor. What do you guys think?

·
Registered
10,531 Posts
You have a loose ground or other electrical connection, and it is coming loose under braking.
I find it highly unlikely that it would be the actual sensor itself rather than a connection somewhere.

·
Registered
3,203 Posts
Ya, I think if the sensor kicks in, you have to turn the ignition on and off to get it started again. Sounds like a wire moving around, or perhaps fuel pickup...was your tank nearly empty?

·
Registered
381 Posts
"Ya, I think if the sensor kicks in, you have to turn the ignition on and off to get it started again. Sounds like a wire moving around, or perhaps fuel pickup...was your tank nearly empty?"

yes, if the TOS kicks in you have to switch the ingition off and back on, or you can't even start the bike.(have dropped the bike couple of times and everytime it needed switch off and back on.).

So probably it's some other problem. You can eliminate the TOS by wiring the outer wires of the three together and leave the middle one hanging. But it's good to have TOS. unless you do some stunts and then the TOS may cause more problems then help.

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My tank wasn't empty, where do I even begin to look for this elusive loose wire? Should I just take ot to the dealer? Will they be able to find it w/out riding it? It only did it when I was going in deep on the brakes which is why I question the dealer. They may look at it, say it's fine and then I go to the track and it's shit again.

·
Registered
10,531 Posts
Don't waste money at a dealership. The main ground is on the frame under the tank. Make sure it is tight. Make sure both connections at the battery are tight. Then just follow the wiring loom and make sure all those connections are tight, particularly the junction to the front of the bike.
Break out your manual and have some good one-on-one time with your bike. MUCH more cost-effective than taking it to a dealer.

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
BDA116 said:
Don't waste money at a dealership. The main ground is on the frame under the tank. Make sure it is tight. Make sure both connections at the battery are tight. Then just follow the wiring loom and make sure all those connections are tight, particularly the junction to the front of the bike.
Break out your manual and have some good one-on-one time with your bike. MUCH more cost-effective than taking it to a dealer.
Thanks for the adivce, I'll give it a go.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Hey Nick,

When do you want me to come over to check out the wiring and grounds on your bike? Since you gave me the title of Nick's master mechanic and tire bitch! :rotfl: :D :clap:

·
Registered
925 Posts
G-Force Junkie said:
Ya, I think if the sensor kicks in, you have to turn the ignition on and off to get it started again. Sounds like a wire moving around, or perhaps fuel pickup...was your tank nearly empty?
Yep I had to race a few laps like that...NOt ideal

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
K9inAZ said:
Hey Nick,

When do you want me to come over to check out the wiring and grounds on your bike? Since you gave me the title of Nick's master mechanic and tire bitch! :rotfl: :D :clap:
Ricky-
I thought of that as a compliment, us blade guys have to stick together ;) :D you know this!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts