Does anyone make a tip-over for dirt?

·
Heeza Y Zasch
3,033 Posts
:idunno: like a BAS for a dirtbike?

·
Heeza Y Zasch
3,033 Posts
I've never heard of such a thing... how are we suppose to perform backflips if they cut-out mid-revolution? :smilebig:

·
Registered
130 Posts
I've never heard of one. Suppose its easy enough to put one in on the ignition loop as its just a basic tilt switch?

Tbh when I'm doing backflips and tail whips it would just get in the way.

PS I can't do back flips or tail whips. I just fall over a lot and my bike cuts out on its own. In a way I am my own tip over switch.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
At what angle does a BAS cut out? [edit] I don't have such skills but it should be a simple matter of using an editing program and measuring the angles created by the outer poles shown on the YT pic below[/edit]. I'm thinking I could get something from another bike and affix it in some manner. It's just a simple normally closed switch.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'd seen a few kill switches and just not confident in the operation mode. This one is unique in that it's magnetic and may offer some hope.

The thread (I should have stated originally) is because I'm looking for a safety measure for my children's bikes. They have a tendency to fall over (my son especially) and then just look at me with a "what next?" look.

Now that I think about it, I could teach him to yank the magnetic kill.

[edit] now just to find it on this side of the pond [/edit]

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Aware of any that I can get in the US that are as slick as the one linked by @spagiratwink?

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'd have to check the pull force required. I took a look at a couple switches at the dealership and it took quite a bit for my son to separate, too much IMO.

And that one doesn't ship to the US.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts