Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am turning my 929rr into a dragbike and could use some tips on a few things, i have a gt15 48mm turbo that i am putting on, i am assuming i will need to upgrade the fuel system as the stock injectors and fuel pump might not be able to produce the amount of fuel needed, can anyone tell me which injectors would be the best choice to use? and the fuel pump? here is the site i found that has them and i need to know which would be the best for my application.(Accel Fuel Injectors) Or could i just swap my injectors out with a 954 or 1000rr injectors? will they fit and plug in right? and if anyone has some pictures of a turbo kit they did can you show me? i have a tig welder and have knowledge of turbocharging cars but doing it to a motorcycle will be the first time for me. also how much power can the 929 handle befor it snaps a rod or something?

·
Registered
554 Posts
First off, there's no such thing as "I'm just gonna run a few lbs. of boost". You will get power hungry and want to turn it up, trust me. Get a good set of rods (Falicon or Carillo) and then see about some turbo pistons for the 929. If you can't find any, JE will custom make you a set (around 800 bucks I'm guessing). Then call Elton Fish at efrracing.com Elton is a turbo guru extraordinaire. Probably not much experience with 929 (blackbird was his specialty) but he can tell you what you need to know. First, beef up pistons and bottom end. You'll thank me later:)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts