Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 96 cbr 900rr and am looking at new tires, i am looking at the bto-14. are these good or is there something better in the same price range? i still have to stick with a tire that has the 16 inch front, i know i should convert but i am broke being in the military

·
Banned
3,876 Posts
I am answering this threat because I am being forced by this thread jacking thread jacker.... I don't know about these tires but I use Pirelli Diablos and love how they work. I have leaned them all the way and didn't feel any slipping. They warm up quickly as well.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
lol thanx ill check em out

·
Registered
40 Posts
take my advice and but the sportec M3 from metzler
they are the best street tires available at the moment as demonstrated in numerous test and the good part is that they produce the 16" we need for our front tire ;)
as long as you find these tires on the market dont even think about changing to a 17" front wheel

·
Registered
99 Posts
I just put the new model BT-002r Streets on my 03 954. These are fthe best tires I have ever ridden on. Noticably better than the Pilot Powers I had last time around... We will have to see how long they last.

·
Registered
228 Posts

·
Banned
3,876 Posts
Dude, something tells me you are going to have a shit load of tire to look at now.....

·
Registered
674 Posts
which icecream is better, strawberry or vanilla ;)

I would have to tell you though I have used the BT014s and they were plenty sticky, they are along the same lines as pilot powers. The Diablos are what I have on now as a winter tire, they are not quite as sticky but should last me through the winter. Come spring I am putting a set of Pilot Powers on my bike. :thumb:

·
Registered
86 Posts
Any of the above tires will do your 900RR fine. Your only limitation will be that 130/70-16 you got so the Metzeler M3 or any of the "higher spec" tires might have left that tire application. Your Blade was the only one to use that spec so many of the "older" tire companies still honored older Honda's.

Tires speaking, the BT014 is a great tire which is going to be replaced with the BT015. A lot of riders speak negatively about Bridgestone and I have no idea why. Bridgestone make a great product and it's a shame a lot of riders will take these off right after they purchase their bikes. I firmly believe these older riders had bad experiences with the BT56 or BT54 that came with these 1994 bikes and they still harbor ill thoughts today. I ran the BT010, BT012, BT014 on my F4i and they were awesome. Plenty of grip for me and plenty of miles for those cruising the streets. I now have Dunlop Qualifiers and so far, 1000 miles into it, they're fine. Nothing spectacular but only a track and repeated abuse will show what they're lacking.

And.. thank you for serving our Country.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hey thanks for the responses guys I will look into it a little more and let you know what i decide. I really do appreciate it

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
And.. thank you for serving our Country.
Its no problem at all thank you

·
Registered
621 Posts
continental sport attacks just came out middle of last summer. Test reviews on a zx-10r, R1, and gsx 1000 showed they matched the perfromance of the Pilot power. I bought my set from the dealer for $245 OTD havent had much test on them but so far seem really nice. They are softer than my 208s

·
Registered
86 Posts
continental sport attacks just came out middle of last summer. Test reviews on a zx-10r, R1, and gsx 1000 showed they matched the perfromance of the Pilot power. I bought my set from the dealer for $245 OTD havent had much test on them but so far seem really nice. They are softer than my 208s
On your 929 or ZX6?

·
Registered
621 Posts
They have the sport attacks for the supersport bikes and they have a road attack version that is a road touring tire. I bought the sport attacks and they are pretty soft but Its winter here and I just got them not too long ago and we had a blizzard over the weekend so it wont be going anywhere anytime soon. All the reviews and testimonials were positive for the sport attacks that I decided to try them. + if they perform as well as good as they have been made out to be. THen I can have 2 rear tires and a front for about $20 more than 1 pair of pilot powers. The hard part of the decision was that they just came out in the middle of last summer so they're not all that popular yet.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I absolutely agree with you 187. I purchased Bridgestone's because they were usually the cheaper set against the Dunlop or Michelin brands. Continental have never really put a Supersport tire out (they had the Conti-Force Max which wasn't exactly a great tire per se) so these two products they're putting out should help them along. Let us know how they are on the 929. Bike mags can be a little interesting when they say it's "close" to the Pilot Powers or Diablo's so a real world riding assessment is always best.

·
Registered
40 Posts
we are a little bit OT here since only Metzler makes a really good 16" tire with the sportec M3

about the conti sport attack, i've tried them on my first zx6r and i was impressed with the grip and lean angle. very easy to lean over. very good on water too seen that i use the bike every day, sun or rain, and i've tried to put them under stress, hard breaking and acceleration under water without problems.
you can find them at a good price, 200euros mounted around here. i got 8000 km from my rear tire

to return ON Topic
take my advice and try the M3 (latest technology from metzler) and you will not be disappointed

1 - 20 of 27 Posts