Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Im not sure off the top off my head - its at home - its raining. LOL. I havent had it long and never made a mental not fo the size. They are Mich Pilots - I remeber that. Is that factory on the 54 - knowing the guy i got it from (many thanx to him for the big flat area from burnouts on the back) they are factory. Only had like 2700 miles on it when I got it.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
lol
sounds like squid tires ....
the yellow.
Why 180/55 on rear vs 190/50 - I did read an article on it some but thought i would get any new advice - this bike see's no track except the 1/4 when i whoop that S-10

·
Registered
755 Posts
I wouldn't change the front tire size,most people with 60 or 65 front tires switch to the 70 profile for better contact patch and front end feel(according to some magazines).I buy 1805517 for the rear because they are less $ and no negatives that I've noticed.

·
Registered
755 Posts
booth23 said:
Get the colored tires in yellow and try them out for ND4SPD, he's been looking to get a set, only thing stopping him is a review :smilebig:
Someone on another board just bought some (non colored)tomahawks for $150(tax and shipping incl.) and he's happy with them so far.He bought them because another on the same board races on them and is happy.Judging from the comments,many more might give them a go.

·
Registered
469 Posts
gr0undz3r0 said:
I think I will take the split and go 120/70 front and 190/50 rear. Little bit of both worlds or is this nuts?
They are the original sizes, so yeh, go for it. Try the new Bridgestone BT014 .. I know I will be very soon! They look good and reviewers and rated them well too.

·
Registered
755 Posts
FuTAnT said:
They are the original sizes, so yeh, go for it. Try the new Bridgestone BT014 .. I know I will be very soon! They look good and reviewers and rated them well too.
How about the new michelin pilot power,they are getting rave reviews.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thats whats on my bike now FYI - the pilot - probably a good tire. Did get much life out of it as its shaped like this \_____/ on the bottem. gotta luv burn outs right - wrong.
What about Dunlops?

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well - After all that I am going to get Mich - Pilots. 190 Just buying a rear as my Pilot front is in good shape. Then I can ride for a while this summer without any extra doe spent on the diablos. I guess Ill try to get those near end of summer. thanx for all your help.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Big Kahuna said:
My next set of tires are going to be the Bridgestone BT-014. Should be getting them this week! :thumb:
Those tires look and based on reviews sound like they're gonna be about the best all-around street tire there is. Fast warm-up, good wet-grip, no surprises in traditional Battlax fashion. The downside propably is will be that they won't last very long in trackdays, those grooves look like the invitation for quite uneven wear.

My upcoming 1000RR (we're still having shortage of Black/Gray here :crying: ) will be fitted with either BT014s or Diablo Corsas, being a track-o-holic I'm keeping my fingers crossed for Corsas.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts