Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I've settled on the metzeler m5
But I'm stuck. on the size stock is 190 I put super corsas on at 180 and I love them but I want a wet tire as well.
So I saw Dave moss say if it comes with a 190 don't go down
I've also heard and notice greater handling and lean angle on my 180 I want to do the right thing on these tires but I need a little coaching is it ok to go Dow. To 180 or should I stay 190 for this set I really can't find to much on the reasons not to go down fig u guys will know I ride hard and aggressive so I need what's right
Back to the m5 they look to be a absolute great tire from what I read

·
Registered
3,890 Posts
190/55 instead of 190/50. It's actually taller than the 180 so you get the right fit AND the characteristics you want.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
190/55 instead of 190/50. It's actually taller than the 180 so you get the right fit AND the characteristics you want.

so i shouldnt do the 180 again i should go 190 55 and 120 70 in the front correct i love the angles of the 180 and ur saying going 55 instead of STOCK 50 will do the same thing and not interfere with the rim i didnt realize it made a diff but after hearing what dave said made me begin to question my choice i bought the 180 55 last time i guess the main question as well would be why is it bad to drop a size thanks man

·
Registered
3,890 Posts
Here's a good comparison of sizes. As always - it's best to get the tyre size that fits the rim properly and isn't going to stretch or squish the tyre.

Attachments

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok that's a good perspective I get it so lean angle comes from more height on the tire along with the width thanks man I understand I believe

·
Registered
3,890 Posts
Yep. Taller the tyre, the less there is on the ground when you're upright, but more rubber on the ground when you're leant over. :thumb:

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have maybe a quarter inch left on the 180 55 but it drags the stock sets so I bought some racing sets and gonna get the metzeler in a 190. 55 I reckon so we will see ill post pics when I get them scrubbed in bad thing is I just scrubbed the sc in and hate not being able to ride wet and the warm up times I can wait but I really need a all purpose lol ill save em for track days

1 - 9 of 9 Posts