Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there.
So.
What do you clean your ride with?
Full bath, or spray and go?
And what brands?

My new black 600rr is getting dusty/dirty from being near jobsite, and i needs to get stuff to clean it. I have car washing stuff, but this is not a car...

What do you think!

G-

·
Registered
10 Posts
Dont use washing up liquid as it has a high salt content unless you are degreesing.
Use a dedicated car/bike cleaner Auto glym etc.
Polish it with a dedicated car/bike polish, if you are using a chalky polish ie auto glym or a coloured polish dont get it on any black plastics as it marks them.
I use zymol wax that contains Carnauba wax, it gives a fantastic finish that water just rolls of and it does not mark any of the plastics or leave a residue that was not polished off in the crack leaving white marks.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I stick to a California duster when its just a bit dusty, and I use Meguiars Ultimate quick detailer spray to clean the bike down and "ICE" to bring out the shine. Its a polymer liquid that doesnt leave "white streaks" on anything, even black plastics... But about once a month I'll clean the whole thing up with the spray detailer, really well, and put a couple of coats of Mother's Califonia Gold, carnuba cleaner wax. I pretty much use Meguiars though. They have excellent wheel cleaners also.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Simple Green (well diluted) for engine, swingarm, degreasing, etc. PLEXXUS for plastics only; it resists bugs, beads up water splashes, and wipes away others stuff really easily... it's almost like a rain-X for plastics. find urself a super soft face cloth. those thick ass socks from LLbean work good too, haha

·
Registered
154 Posts
I only use Meguiar's products. From spray detailer, to Gold class wax. I like it to be clean, so I dust it with a California duster, and spray detail it at least once a week.

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
KRUD KUTTER for the wheels and the undertail, cold soapy water for the bike with cloth baby diaper. Then ProtectAll with the clean dry baby diaper.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts