Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you're a racing fan, this one is worth a look. (XBOX version)

I rented it this week and will be buying it after I have to return it. I think it sells for $30.00 new.

Very good graphics, sound and physics. Cars take damage that does affect performance. A little bit of a story-line that enhances gameplay, very unusual for a racing game.

So far I've raced Formula Fords, 68 Mustangs, 2000 Mustangs, Semi Trucks, stock-cars, Mercedes GT's, Jaguars, and a few others. You have the option of inside view, over the hood, through the windshield, or just the track in front of you. Looking through the windshield in the rain with the wiper going is cool, until you crack the windshield and can't see a thing lol.

Tracks range from road courses, city courses, super-speedway tri-ovals, off-road point to point, and rally cross. I've seen as many as 28 vehicles in the same race with no slowdown!

I haven't tried the online yet, but the single player is as addictive as GTurismo or Proj Gotham so far :thumb:

·
Registered
4,839 Posts
Wait till you get into the fast cars. The game in single player is good for sure. I don't like it online as no one actually races. It's more like a bunch of kids trying to slam you off the track to beat you. We play as a group and only allow our friends to race. That way it's more funa and competetitve, and you don't have to worry about some 15 year old kid slamming you off the track in the last corner of a 20 lap race.

Dano

{edit} Almost forgot. As usual my favorite track is Laguna, and Road America is really good too. :thumb:

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Racing is more straight-forward than Project Gotham, but I am really enjoying it. I wouldn't say it's a better game, but if you're a racing a fan and looking for something new, it's worth it :thumb:

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Now HERE's a badazz racing game! (It's due out this spring...)

I've been doing a lot of TransAm-style online roadracing (heavily modified "production" cars like C5-R Vettes, Vipers, Ford GT40's, etc.) using the "TPTCC" mod for Papyrus' Nascar 2003 PC game. The league I'm running with has approximately 35 drivers; we had 25 or more in each of our first two races this season, running GTS and GT classes, which makes for some interesting on-track dynamics, with the desparity (like the real T/A series) of the "fast" GTS cars and the better balanced/handling but lesser-powered GT's. Pretty good stuff...and this "GTR" game looks to step that style of online (road)racing up a notch.

I love PGR2, but haven't played it in about nine months, I think. And I'm quite peeved that Gran Turismo 4 has been delayed - AGAIN. :(

In any case, check out the free "GTR" downloads. The coolest thing is the "TrackIR" compatibility - be sure to see that video...!

·
Registered
7,724 Posts
TAZ said:
Now HERE's a badazz racing game! (It's due out this spring...)

I've been doing a lot of TransAm-style online roadracing (heavily modified "production" cars like C5-R Vettes, Vipers, Ford GT40's, etc.) using the "TPTCC" mod for Papyrus' Nascar 2003 PC game. The league I'm running with has approximately 35 drivers; we had 25 or more in each of our first two races this season, running GTS and GT classes, which makes for some interesting on-track dynamics, with the desparity (like the real T/A series) of the "fast" GTS cars and the better balanced/handling but lesser-powered GT's. Pretty good stuff...and this "GTR" game looks to step that style of online (road)racing up a notch.

I love PGR2, but haven't played it in about nine months, I think. And I'm quite peeved that Gran Turismo 4 has been delayed - AGAIN. :(

In any case, check out the free "GTR" downloads. The coolest thing is the "TrackIR" compatibility - be sure to see that video...!
That looks hot

1 - 6 of 6 Posts