Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
Huh? Where's the related thread? Or is this a very new development? If so, please elaborate.

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
Damn...

Well, now's a decent time to be getting rid of it, because the numbers won't magically hold still until spring, and it's not like you'll have a chance to ride it much until then. You might find yourself lusting for and able to get a different bike by that time. Just trying to see it somewhat positively.

Try eBay instead of the local paper, and here's why: the listing fee is probably about the same, you have an international buyer pool, and you WILL sell the bike within a few days (unless your reserve is too high).

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Good luck to you. Mine has been for sale for about 20 days now and I haven't had so much as a nibble yet. I'm ready to part this thing out and be done with it. We're in our new house now and I sure could use the money.

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
ER : Good luck to you.  Mine has been for sale for about 20 days now and I haven't had so much as a nibble yet.  I'm ready to part this thing out and be done with it.  We're in our new house now and I sure could use the money.
Again, eBay.

Do you have a problem using eBay, or making the auction look attractive? Well, as long as you can take decent pics I bet NH (Chris) would do the rest of the legwork for you (for a small fee, of course, but that's business).

Here's a link: http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws....ince=-1

·
Registered
692 Posts
GAZZERUK : Quote (ER @ Oct. 28 2003, 11:17pm)Good luck to you.  Mine has been for sale for about 20 days now and I haven't had so much as a nibble yet.  I'm ready to part this thing out and be done with it.  We're in our new house now and I sure could use the money.
Post deleted by moderator
You sure hand out a lot of positive contributions to this forum!

I suggest YOU (GAZZERUK) get a life!

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Boy, what did I miss this time? I had a heck of a time selling my VFR and I probably would not have sold the 929 fast if I'd not been contacted by a guy looking for the exact bike.

I'm finding it impossible to sell much of anything right now. Had my Jeep on eBay, Trader, local paper for over 9 months and not at single nibble. Priced $1000 below KBB too. I mean sheesh..

I hope you sell it for what ya need. Sorry to hear about the #### I know we've had a really rough year financially.

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
Fire929blade : Quote (GAZZERUK @ Oct. 28 2003, 6:37pm)Quote (ER @ Oct. 28 2003, 11:17pm)Good luck to you.  Mine has been for sale for about 20 days now and I haven't had so much as a nibble yet.  I'm ready to part this thing out and be done with it.  We're in our new house now and I sure could use the money.
Post deleted by moderator
You sure hand out a lot of positive contributions to this forum!

I suggest YOU (GAZZERUK) get a life!
Did GAZZERUK actually post that (I read the post before it was edited out)?

·
Registered
10,811 Posts
What'd he say? What'd he say? I wanna know! Someone PM me...

Critz, sorry to hear you are going through difficult times right now. I wish you the best and hope you are back on a bike soon.

·
Registered
3,191 Posts
Basically he said to bad that you have to sell your bike.  It really sux to have to give up something you love.  Only with about a metric load of sarcasm and a lot of ######'s and absolutley no sympathy. Mighty big step for one with all of 18 posts on the board.
Chris

·
Registered
10,811 Posts
Hmmm, not a good start in the .org, GAZerwhatchamacallit. An apology would probably do wonders regarding later replies to your posts (if any)... . Seriously, the more the merrier, but why would you make comments like that?

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
Hey, back off Gazza. I'm the Euro Prick around here.

Sorry to hear it Critz. Get something cheaper to tide you over?

·
Registered
929 Posts
ER : Good luck to you.  Mine has been for sale for about 20 days now and I haven't had so much as a nibble yet.  I'm ready to part this thing out and be done with it.  We're in our new house now and I sure could use the money.
Yeup, its a tough market right now - to sell almost any high dollar items. I posted two of mine up and had a few fliers taken, but no calls. I despirately need to get these two bikes (929 and 954) off my hand as well - finances are a beotch right now, :S and I want to have them sold before I put the house up for sale.

Mike - you have to be willing to give your bike away, if you want to sell it on eBay (usually). Every once in awhile I see a bike go for what it is actually worth (given the stated details).

Good luck Critz!

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
2OHOH2954 : Quote (ER @ Oct. 28 2003, 6:17pm)Good luck to you.  Mine has been for sale for about 20 days now and I haven't had so much as a nibble yet.  I'm ready to part this thing out and be done with it.  We're in our new house now and I sure could use the money.
Again, eBay.

Do you have a problem using eBay, or making the auction look attractive? Well, as long as you can take decent pics I bet NH (Chris) would do the rest of the legwork for you (for a small fee, of course, but that's business).

Here's a link: http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws....ince=-1
I've never used it.

·
Premium Member
5,711 Posts
Critz, sorry to hear you have to sell.

I need to get my bike sold too so I can start looking for something else (smaller, so I can race more classes and spend less on tires...). I've been contemplating e-bay.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts