Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

I'm sure this has been posted already, but I only mounted it yesterday and thought I'd post a few pics.

I could not afford or warrant spending £350 on a tomtom rider, so I bought a Tomtom one V4 off ebay for £54, the spent £45 on the mount and hardwire usb.

Oh, loving the site!

Attachments

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am not able to hear the voices, but to be honest, I dont need or want to. Even if i had the Tomtom rider, I would not want to be wearing an earpiece, it would drive me mad. I'd rather listen to the engine! :)

·
Registered
30 Posts
Was wondering how this setup was working out for you. I'd like to put some kind of GPS setup on my blade. Trying to fit anything on to the grips seems way too crowded, but I'm wondering if mounting it over the dampener is too far down out of the field of vision to glance comfortably at it while keeping your attention on the road or that it might block the console too much. The only other option I can think of is a mount on the mirror like this.

Anyone have any thoughts on this?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hey guys,

Yep, just put longer bolts in with rubber washers under the mount to stop vibrations and to prevent scratching the mounting point.

To be honest I don't really find the positioning a problem as I always roughly know where I'm going so just take the occasional glance down when unsure for guidance. I guess if you are using it loads it could be a problem.

The only other thing I would advise is the quick release mount so that you can easily remove the mount when you don't need to use the tomtom.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Can't remember the length, they don't come with the mount I just found some about 5mm or so longer than the original ones.

They are a common thread size so any hardware shop should be able to sort you out we some longer ones.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I strangely enough found the ram mount won't go over the two bolts at the back and so I needed to use the two bolts at the front of the HESD instead but it isn't as good there for seeing the satnav instructions.
Basically it seems that the holes at the back are no inline with the holes in the ram mount :0(
Any ideas?

How do you guys listen to the instructions from the satnav as my Tom Tom Go730 isn't bluetooth enabled only A2DP.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
From memory, as it was a while ago, the RAM mount was about a mm off, but as it was plastic, I just made the holes in the mount slightly larger to fit.

I don't listen to the instructions, just look down when I need to at the next instruction/turning which is in 'x' miles time.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.