1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Super Moderator
14,706 Posts
GEEZ! What was the cause of that Tone?

·
Registered
4,132 Posts
^^ freshly rebuilt and the mechanic skipped the hose-clamps on the fuel lines...

I really hope that this is going to somehow or another be covered as it was warranty work.... Bummer to see, but glad you weren't turn into Richard Pryor at the same time....

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Bought bike Sept 2007 brand spanking new with 1k of extras.
Went in for 12k service Aug 2008
Needed many parts from Japan that took almost 2 months to sort.
Fire happened in October 2008 just half hour & 10 miles after picking it up.

They did however lend me a DRZ400SM for the whole time it was layed up waiting parts.

Insurance ended up paying out just over 6k but i of course took the hit on my premiums right up to the latest one I just took out for the Tiger as the 5yr anniversary has just passed

·
Registered
4,132 Posts
So the shop didn't cover the damages?!?!!?!???!!!? WTF mate?!

·
Registered
7,455 Posts
No they didnt & they banned me from their shop for life & tried to get me banned from every local dealership too (all makes) of course that didnt work!

They claimed that I torched it to get the insurance!
I would think the insurance company would have investigated that possibility, and certainly would NOT have paid you if they could prove it.
What a shithole shop trying to blame you when it was an oversight by the mechanic.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
It was proven mate, when the investigator came to my house to take it away to find the cause, it was not there (i was at work)

After many phone calls later I found out that the shop in question had visited my house & taken the bike to a lockup & started dismantling it to find the cause themselves without my permission.

·
Registered
7,455 Posts
It was proven mate, when the investigator came to my house to take it away to find the cause, it was not there (i was at work)

After many phone calls later I found out that the shop in question had visited my house & taken the bike to a lockup & started dismantling it to find the cause themselves without my permission.
Holy Shite! Are you kidding me?
They just went and took the bike right out of your driveway?!
That would never fly in my country.
That's theft, pure and simple, unless there was a lienholder who gave them written permission to examine the bike.

I hope that shop is out of business, because a stunt like that is incomprehensible!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts