Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 133 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Right shes finally arrived after having to wait for her former owner to get back from touring Spain on his Pan European.

As you can see she needs a little TLC after being dropped at a set of lights, by the previous owner, damaging the fairing.

But hey, one mans loss is another mans gain. Payed £1100 + my old knackerd Kwak GT550.

I have big plans for this wonderful bike & will welcome any ideas/input.

As you can see I have uprated the headlights already as the stock items were pants.
Also the running/side light was blown & I only had a not so good LED spare so this will do till I can get a full spread item fitted.

I have fitted a 7x5 custom numberplate with an almost standard font that is readable from a sensible distance (our friends with flashy lights down here dont seem to mind then) :)
Also have cut back the black plastic numberplate mount a little to make it look better

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Patience LC! :)

1st on the cards is upgrading the instrument bulbs to LEDs & fitting a LSL Steering Damper. Then trying to get the damaged fairing fixed.

I have a huge list of stuff bookmarked up & hopefully will be getting deliveries of toys almost every week.

Just a taster:

17" front wheel & wavey discs
Moto GP full system from SP Engineering
Lots of Carbon
Maybe even a VFR SSSA (still undecided)
+ lots of little nice bits & pieces :)

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cheers LC, i didnt think the 800 could be done on a 900 blade, thought it had to be post 94 VFR750.

Anyways, many mods to do before I even go there so I will be in touch about it at some point if I decide to go down that road.

I have no access to machining equipment but I do have a mate that welds Aluminium for a living so plating up the standard arm is an option for now.

Do like your latest swingarm too btw, decisions decisions ay!

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Just found in the big pile of paperwork that it had a K&N & a Dyno-jet kit fitted when the Remus system was fitted Feb 1999. However it is popping like crazy on overrun so something aint running quite right. Also doesn't like starting easily. (bit like me really :D ) Guessing its gunna need a visit to a Rolling Road again as i know nothing about Dyno-jets

One of the exhaust gaskets is leaking on the headers, I am fitting new ones tomorrow along with new sparkplugs, new coolant & new engine oil + filter

Also fitted.......
New Rectifier - July 2010
Starter Motor Solenoid Connector - Feb 2013
Front Forks rebuilt by Hagon - Dec 2008
Goodridge hoses - Feb 2001
Rolling Road tuned - June 01 115whp

Millage intervals
448 - 1995
2500 - 1996
4081 - 1998
4181 - 1999
7452 - 2000
9603 - 2001
11280 - 2002
14047 - 2003
19405 - 2006
21148 - 2009
21331 - TODAY :)

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I have solved my starting issue, twas very very very old sparkies, no exhaust gaskets fitted & a broken yellow wire on the rectifier. It is running slightly better now & starts first time. Sorry didnt take any pics. It is definetly running rich though. I had a mate behind me the other day & he almost suffocated! :D

Will look into the pilot screw when I get time at the weekend, also I have 1 company & 1 privateer doing me quotes on both sorting the cracks on the fairing & a complete sand down & respray. Stay tuned :)

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Airbox mod complete & now running much happier, hell I even popped a power wheelie from 2nd earlier :D

And you may begin....

That was easy....time for a cuppa

Opps got carried away, to much off on the right, bust out the silicone

Getting all creative with the partition

Almost there

Fineto!

I have some goodies in the post, just small stuff for now cos i need to pay for some other boring things.

& I need a new rear boot cos that good ol' BT014 (yes thats right, thats not a typo!) is almost dead

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
Looking good man. Keep the pics coming.

1 - 20 of 133 Posts