Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All!
One of my mates has a 2002 954 and it is time to change his Chain & Sprockets!
He is going for a 2 tooth Larger on the rear, I have explained that this will give him better Take Off but lower Top end! Can any of you make an estimate of how much MPH (Top End) he will stand to loose & will the acceleration be Mental!
Mine is a 929 and that is a handfull at times, will he be laying over the tank to keep the front down?:idunno:
Best Regards.

·
Registered
367 Posts
he wont be loosing enough top end to notice. he shouldnt be topping the bike out on the streets anyways. who honestly needs to do 180 mph? but the front end will like to come up but as long as he is a competent rider he will be fine.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I was +10 on my 929 and it was completely streetable. It would still do 100 no problem. You just had to be careful in first and second. +2 will be noticable but only in a good way. You'll never notice the reduction in top speed. There probably won't even be any loss. I don't think the stock bike will pull redline in 6th to begin with.

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
I don't think the stock bike will pull redline in 6th to begin with.
may on a long road with the wind behind you!! ;)

My combo just means I'm a few 100 revs up when cruising 70 or 80 ish on the m-way (us: freeway). worth it in mho

1 - 10 of 10 Posts