Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I won't be able to buy a new bike for a while, & I'm thinking about a winter project on my 954. Since I'll be changing tires after this season, (from pilots to diablos) & while the wheels are off, I want to have them powdercoated silver color. Also I want to have my swingarm powdercoated black. Just wondering about some of your opinions on this, attached is a pic of my bike as it is right now.

·
Registered
16,568 Posts
Personally I wouldn't pick silver as a color for the wheels. Everything will be painted some other color, I think it would kind of clash. Maybe a different color if you're set on changing it. Personally, I would just leave it as is

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was thinking that the silver might clash too. maybe someone with photoshop skills could edit the pic, if anyone could I'd really appreciate it.

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
I saw buy some silver trims from tapeworks.com and be done with it, it'll give it a fresh update, match your rims, yet it's tasteful and not too much $

Otherwise, very clean and nice bike. Love the pipes.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have the 954 also 02 red and black.Put a bolt on Micron carbon can.Not going to put a lot of money into this bike or any bike.Just do oil changes and enjoy the bike.I keep them about four years then try something new.All this bling bling adds up.I am sure that undertail cost a few bucks.Like most of us here we work hard for our money so keep that cash in a secure spot .

·
Registered
103 Posts
I also have my rims polished, like yours.  I was going to paint the black portions of the rims red, but never got around to it.  I got chrome 'HONDA' 'CBR' and 'RR' logos from TapeWorks to cover up any white lettering on the bike (I think they were under $100).

Here's some pics (taken inside, so not the greatest):
Pic 1
Pic 2

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
I say leave the wheels as-is, but powdercoat the swingarm.

The swingarm job isn't too tough; just get the right tool for the large swingarm pivot bolt, and a couple of jack stands to put under the frame (at the rear of the engine). Loosen everything before putting the bike on the stands..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts