Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 99 CBR 900RR i put new repsol fairings on i it has carbon exhaust, and 12000 miles on it. I want to sell it for about $6,000, do you guys think thats too much?

·
Banned
4,419 Posts
was the new fairings due to it going down and needing new plastic? A lot of people shy away from bikes with custom plastic or custom paint jobs in fear of that.
I think I paid 5500 for my 01 Erion 929 with about 6000 miles on it. It had not been down. Came with 2 helmets, rear stand, battery tender, 2 nice jackets and a tank bag.
6 may be a little high. But, you never know. Could always start at 6 and negotiate down.

·
Banned
1,715 Posts
Someone not in the know may pay that much for it. Realistically if it's all good and no scratches or road rash, i'd say between $4,500 - $5,000 is a good starting place. That's if it runs absolutely perfect and has no problems.

·
Registered
737 Posts
Unfortutately, a used bike is always worth more to its owner than any prospective buyer. It usually means the seller puts an unreasonable expectation on the asking price, and feels insulted (and hurt) when offers well below the asking price are made.

Given that....Let's get real.....It's an 8 year old bike that is now 4 generations and multiple models old.

Hate to say it, but $6K is too steep. You can pick up nice condition 954's for that price. Agree with Fastrr...$4500-$5000 is realistic IF you can find a buyer. I'd bank on around $4300-$4600.

I paid $3,800 for my 95 900RR in 2003. That was with a Hein Gerick (Sp?) leather jacket. It has 22K on it, but a brand new completely rebuilt Formula Extreme race motor wth flatslide carbs making over 150 at the wheel. The motor and carbs alone were worth $10K. I worked out that the original owner spent about $22K on it (including the original purchase price)!!!

Luckily in my situation, the owner was more than reasonable on the price. I actually would have paid up to $4500 for it. He took a BIG hit.

List the bike and see what you interest you get. You might want to advertise on TwoWheelForum as well.

Cheers,
Sime

1 - 4 of 4 Posts