Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
A couple weeks ago I had to travel for work and was issued one of those (one of our company fleet cars). What a shitbox. I bet those are going to be really easy to fix or repair, too, when all of the gadgetry quits working. And there's just something wrong with starting and shutting off an engine that many times. That car kills the engine at every stoplight. Did I mention it's also a shitbox?

·
Registered
10,531 Posts
I hope they had all the recalls done to that Prius before shooting it up.
There have been what, five just this year alone.

·
Registered
11,499 Posts
No, the Pious doesn't make a lot of sense unless you're from Hollywood and you need to be seen in it.... but that car is a precursor... way ahead of its time. Wait 10-15 years or so and every new car and truck on the market will use technology pioneered by the Pious. :twocents:

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The main reason people buy them in California is some retarded politicians passed a law that Hybrid vehicles can ride in the Carpool (HOV) lanes, even if they only have one person.

So what we end up with is a bunch of hybrids clogging the carpool lane not going the usual 85 mph, but more like 45. It really screws up the whole carpool system.

·
Registered
6,134 Posts
Say what you want about it but it pollutes the air less than almost any car on the road. It has a AT-PZEV rating (partial zero emissions vehicle), what is the rating of the car/truck you drive?

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Say what you want about it but it pollutes the air less than almost any car on the road. It has a AT-PZEV rating (partial zero emissions vehicle), what is the rating of the car/truck you drive?
I work from home, which emits nothing in my commute, unless I had mexican the night before.

When I go out, it is either on the bike, or in my gas guzzling road monster Land Rover.

But that should not give them the right to get carpool status. The real carpool guys make sacrifices to get there.

·
Registered
6,134 Posts
I work from home, which emits nothing in my commute, unless I had mexican the night before.

When I go out, it is either on the bike, or in my gas guzzling road monster Land Rover.

But that should not give them the right to get carpool status. The real carpool guys make sacrifices to get there.
I understand your frustration with the HOV lane. But we are headed towards a global warming catasrophe, and this is one of the few vehicles on the road that pollutes almost nothing especially compared to everything else on the road.

·
Registered
12,773 Posts
I hate that stupid pos car so much. I swear the top speed is more like 50-55. and for some reason its always someone from NH driving one getting in the way.

my car is the complete opposite. no cats (or anything else emissions related), doesn't exactly burn as efficiently as it did when new 20 years ago, has a gas leak, and a tiny hole in the radiator so it burns a little coolant.

but when it had the emissions stuff on there it passed inspection with flying colors at a time when a lot of brand new cars weren't even passing.

·
Registered
51 Posts
No, the Pious doesn't make a lot of sense unless you're from Hollywood and you need to be seen in it.... but that car is a precursor... way ahead of its time. Wait 10-15 years or so and every new car and truck on the market will use technology pioneered by the Pious. :twocents:

:plus1:

·
Registered
14,224 Posts
what about the battery disposal? What about the lifespan (cars take a lot of energy to create) Personally I find them technically interesting but would not want one as I think they will not hold up in the long run. I keep my cars for a long time and cannot imagine the big $$$ items that go wrong on this beast at +90K miles.

·
Registered
16,568 Posts
Except it takes a lot more energy to produce the car than a conventional one. And then you gotta worry about battery replacement.

·
Registered
4,725 Posts
The comments on that page regarding the video are far more amusing than the video itself. If those people are the future of our planet, we won't have to worry about polution.

·
Registered
4,725 Posts
Yup, and this one:
i love the fact that he always trys to attack stupid public believes about cars like; uh it's good to spend 25000 fuckin' dollars to buy such crap like that but i don't like his stupid cowboy friend with
pretty poor shooting skills and he has to use stationary machine gun in order to be able to shoot that frekin' huge target!
by the way i love that G3
Mr Brainiac has been watching too many Rambo movies on TV. Correct me if I'm wrong but that looked like a Browning .50 Cal. I believe those things weigh in at around 80 pounds, empty, and fire somewhere in the 500rounds/minute range. Yeah, I wanna see this jackass try handholding it and being able to hit something as small as a Prius on full auto. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
14,224 Posts
Yup, and this one:

Mr Brainiac has been watching too many Rambo movies on TV. Correct me if I'm wrong but that looked like a Browning .50 Cal. I believe those things weigh in at around 80 pounds, empty, and fire somewhere in the 500rounds/minute range. Yeah, I wanna see this jackass try handholding it and being able to hit something as small as a Prius on full auto. :rolleyes:
From a large distance

·
Registered
12,773 Posts
I thought this one was funny for how dumb the guy is

"just cause he drives lambo ferrari's etc dont mean he has to shoot or say japanese cars are crap. As you can see they are more affordable and top selling cars in the world, and maybe soon these highest manufacturing cars will make more money then those supercar car companys! how many people you see driving toyota and look at how many hybrid cars have been sold! its those people that own supercars using up all the fuel, when we are the ones trying to save it! by ‎delerious , 21st November"

I guess he doesn't understand the billions of miles driven by every day cars equates to billions more gallons of fuel being used than the thousands of miles driven by the supercars using a few thousand gallons.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts