Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,930 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:smilierr:Alright - who's going with me??? :naws:

Who has the fastest sportbike in America? Think you’ve got a fast streetbike? Well, prove it! Join us at the Maxton Monster Mile next September for our first-annual top speed shootout, where we’ll crown the fastest streetbikes in America!

http://www.superstreetbike.com/releases/ssb_1st_speed_shoot/

Organized in conjunction with the East Coast Timing Association at the world-famous Maxton Monster Mile in Maxton, North Carolina on the weekend of Sept. 23-24, 2006

I definitely won't be competing, but I'm gonna watch. I'm positive there will be someone close to the 250mph mark, possibly better. I've got a buddy I'm trying to talk into going so he can run his Turbo Busa. He pushes 165+ in the quarter in 8.4 seconds. I'd love to see that thing stretched out in the full mile.

·
Registered
2,827 Posts
I drive right by Maxton going home to visit my folks in Charlotte... I had no idea there was a mile drag strip there... Rockingham is not very far from there. I know they have a track there. :D

·
Registered
2,930 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ND4SPD said:
How long do you have to slow down? :hmm:
If I'm right it should be a 2 mile straight. I'll have to check into it to be 100% sure.
That would mean you have a mile before shutdown. At 200 plus MPH, 1 mile doesn't seem like much though.

·
Registered
4,216 Posts
In a 1 mile stretch I doubt you see any thing go 250mph. Just too short of a track. Bonneville that is a horse of a different color, still only a few make it to the 250 mark.

·
Registered
2,930 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
2,930 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
And there are many more records in the 230MPH range. I would say it's a fast track. It doesn't match Bonneville, but then again you're not going to find a vast wasteland of salt on the East Coast either.

·
Registered
2,930 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
http://www.waynepollack.com/news.asp
Here is a list of bikes that have been at 250+MPH on the Maxton Mile as well as the Salt Flats.

There are many, many more, but I'm tired and I proved my point more than I needed just because I felt like being a pain.

So again I ask - "Who's going in September to watch a few fast bikes? Or participate for that matter?"
I will be there - watching.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts