Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Yep...that would hurt ya!
1,088 Posts
brennyP said:
so working of that at redline(12K) it would be 298kmh
and at the rev limiter?? i dont know where it is on the new blade
id think it would hit a real 300kmh if it had the gearing.
You got me on that one dude - unsure. That was a very good article on the 1000RR Fireblade. I own a 954RR and I lved the article. :thumb:

·
Registered
79 Posts
iamausername said:
anyone know the top speed for a stock 2006 blade?
I love posts like this. Almost as much as I love being asked " How fast have you had it up to?"
It'll go fast enough to put a hurt on a newb

·
Registered
302 Posts
brennyP said:
so working of that at redline(12K) it would be 298kmh
and at the rev limiter?? i dont know where it is on the new blade
id think it would hit a real 300kmh if it had the gearing.
bikes are generally engineered to pull to the power peak (revs) not to the redline or revlimiter.

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
I don't know:idunno: how fast I've been on the O5 blade but I am not ashamed to say she's a lot faster than I am:thumb: . I'm never going to outgrow this one that's for sure. She's the best, most enjoyable sport bike I've ever had:clap: . If it does not rain, it's a daily commute that's too short:cycle: . The column was right about the wrists though. They get pounded.:bonk: . Never the less, I still enjoy my 80 miles a day of pure joy. I would like to try the 06 to see if the difference is that notable.
Has anyone ridden both?

·
Registered
91 Posts
I've recently read in a mag that the 06 tops out at 168mph. It actually has the slowest top speed of it's main competitors such as the Kawi, Suz, and Yamaha. But on that note.......it was ranked second overall, just under the the Suzuki.

·
Registered
248 Posts
apfire26 said:
I've recently read in a mag that the 06 tops out at 168mph.
I think that's a bit low. TopSpeed.com says the '06 CBR1000RR tops out at 181 mph. phmotorcycles.co.uk says it has "a top speed of around 180mph".

So, reading something in a mag doesn't really prove it one way or another. Some mags just report the speed they were able to obtain, rather than the theoretical maximum speed.

More importantly, the gearing, sprockets, chain, wheels, redline, etc. establish that, except for interference by friction, wind drag, over-weight rider, etc., the bike can do 183 at 12,200 rpm.

But this is all moot as far as I'm concerned. The CBR goes way faster than I need to go on the street, and it goes suficiently fast for me to really enjoy it on the track, and I'm not racing it. If it could only go a measley 168, I'd still be happy with it, but I'd tell people it goes 180 anyway because I like the look they get on their faces when I say that, followed by "... not that it matters, because there's no where around here that you can go that fast and live to tell about it." That lets them know it's fast, but doesn't encourage them to launch into a lecture about "the dangers of motorcycles".

·
Registered
34 Posts
Rb1 is right, I'd try to put my 954 at max speed but I only got it to 140 before crashing it. I put it on the dyno and it top at 178 mph.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Sorry for my ignorance, I've never ridden on a track, but does it really matter if the 1000rr "only" does 168? I could understand if there was a long straight on a given track, but what is the top speed a stock bike usually hits on a track?

Maybe I think too much, and maybe it's too late for me to be writing... I sound old! :eek:

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
4MULA-R said:
Rb1 is right, I'd try to put my 954 at max speed but I only got it to 140 before crashing it. I put it on the dyno and it top at 178 mph.

Ah shit sorry but that was a bit squidly.:pointup::flame::squid:

At least you admitted it. and yes my squid moment was in arizona I hit 160 on the f4i on a vast desert road. ok so it may have been less due to speedo error yada yada yada. now i just ride on the track. ok i'll call myself a dumbass:beatup:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts