Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is there a publication that lists top speeds for bikes? Car and Driver has a review section at the end of every mag listing speed as well as other things.

·
Registered
8,824 Posts
You're seeing fewer top speed figures published in the various magazines these days. Used to be nearly all the rags posted measured top speed. Now I'd guess the fear of liability looms so large that they're shying away. Not that top speed is of much use on the street, but I enjoyed seeing that in the performance data which Motorcyclist and others used to print.

Check here:

http://www.brand.iinet.net.au/

You might find top speed figures in some of the various road tests. Also, the UK's BIKE still publishes top speed figures of the machines they review.

I don't know what machine you're interested in, but your 'priler is supposed to be good for 168 according to BIKE....

Edit: format fix

·
Registered
3,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
do you have that issue of Bike around that lists that speed? there is a guy who says his mille is topping out at 146.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Motorcycle Consumer News lists 1/4 mile and top speed for all of the bikes they've tested. I'll see if I can find a copy that lists the priller.

·
Registered
8,824 Posts
bubba : do you have that issue of Bike around that lists that speed? there is a guy who says his mille is topping out at 146.
If his Mille won't go faster than 146, it's either in a poor state of tune, has been re-geared by a previous owner, or the guy doesn't have the stones to give her the whip all the way through top gear.

Here you go bubba-

LINK

1 - 6 of 6 Posts