Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just thought this should have its own thread :D

About 2 months ago or so somewhere on here we were discussing heaters for the garage or wherever ya work on your bike. I was in a pinch recently (no gas for my heater and no open places to get it) and the words of LTL came to mind about his oil filled electric radiator working pretty well in his garage.

It was cold, and I was in the middle of stuff, Target was the closest place open late near me. I hit it up and they had a ton of em, all @ 40% off to boot, so about 27$ :) I figured all electric heaters suck for heating up a workspace efficiently and had pretty much dismissed it, but this thing kicks ass! Enough so that I can leave the seal on the new propane tank until it gets <0° around here again ;).

Weird thread I know, but there is some valuable O/T info to be had in it ;)

Thanks LTL :thumb:

·
Premium Member
4,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ND4SPD said:
My dad and I have a 50,000btu kerosene jet heater :evilaugh:
I have a 40k btu propane Reddy heater maself, but the radiant kicks it's ass if its not <50° in my workspace ;)

Recovery time is awesome with the jet heater but its so easy to overshoot (just a little), and whereas mine the "little" 40k it doesent have auto ignition, so its either me turning it on/off as it needs it, or choosing one extreme over the other.

The real benefit comes in that I can leave the rad. unit hanging out set on 50, and be assured my stuff wont freeze. I could get an electric ignition easy enough for the reddy, but I definetely wouldnt want it running when Im not there for some odd reason?

·
Premium Member
4,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ND4SPD said:
My dad and I have a 50,000btu kerosene jet heater :evilaugh:
I have a 40k btu propane Reddy heater maself, but the radiant kicks it's ass if its not below 50° in my workspace ;)

Recovery time is awesome with the jet heater but its so easy to overshoot (just a little), and whereas mine the "little" 40k it doesent have auto ignition, so its either me turning it on/off as it needs it, or choosing one extreme over the other.

The real benefit comes in that I can leave the rad. unit hanging out set on 50, and be assured my stuff wont freeze. I could get an electric ignition easy enough for the reddy, but I definetely wouldnt want it running when Im not there for some odd reason?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts