Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of my best students in school will be shipping off to Iraq. He emailed me today and stated some pretty straight forward charges to me. I do not want to divuldge what he wrote me, but it tugged at my heart. It expressed his fear of going, his sense of duty, and how he know what he is doing will make other peoples' lives better. Pray for him as he goes over...... just before what might be a very deadly time, due to the elections. :patriot:

·
Registered
4,132 Posts
Earlier this year I went to my daughter's open house at high school, and her government teacher read me a letter that our son wrote to him last year, shortly before he headed off to Iraq. It was very moving - sounds a lot like the e-mail you received. I know this teacher had a big impact on him; it sounds like you've made a similar impression. Thank you.

Our prayers will certainly be with the courageous and patriotic young man you described. :patriot:

·
Registered
134 Posts
I know I don't have to say this on this board, since it seems that everyone does this.

Even if you don't agree with the war, support our troops out there. The servicemen in Iraq and Afghanistan need our support, not our spite. Just think about this: Every night, we go home to our families and sleep in a comfortable bed while all they have is a sleeping bag or a cot.

As a Marine currently working in recruiting, I get a lot of flak about the war, especially since I work in the liberal colleges Southern California. Many of these young folks can't understand the concept of supporting our troops. :thumbd:

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Depo he's got my support and thanks.

arndogg as long as I'm around, you can count on at least one person fully supportive of our troops. Semper Fi. My prayers and best wishes go out to all who serve for a safe holiday season.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts