Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
S

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Headed to Willow Springs big track with Trackdaz. Maybe see some of you there.

:cycle: :freebird: :cheers:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
728 Posts
SPEED said:
Headed to Willow Springs big track with Trackdaz. Maybe see some of you there.

:cycle: :freebird: :cheers:
I'll be going tomorrow with MTC, but I wish it was today. The weather is just windy today, it's suppose to rain tomorrow. :crying:
 
S

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
ULEWZ said:
I'll be going tomorrow with MTC, but I wish it was today. The weather is just windy today, it's suppose to rain tomorrow. :crying:
Hope your day is going well today bro :thumb: .
 
S

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Had a great time on the track, but destroyed a brand new set of USA made Dunlop 208GPA's Here is the report.


Anybody else have problems with them at high speeds? :idunno: :huh:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
925 Posts
SPEED said:
Had a great time on the track, but destroyed a brand new set of USA made Dunlop 208GPA's Here is the report.


Anybody else have problems with them at high speeds? :idunno: :huh:
Just everybody ----- its too cold they are cold-tearing all brands do this seems to be worse at T-Hill, WS apparently----Seems that cold days and fasy speed cause most of the problems---I have torn GP-As (british and US), Slicks, Rennsports, youll see the same thing on the SBR trackdays thread w/Jeff Koch and co
 
S

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Trackho said:
Just everybody ----- its too cold they are cold-tearing all brands do this seems to be worse at T-Hill, WS apparently----Seems that cold days and fasy speed cause most of the problems---I have torn GP-As (british and US), Slicks, Rennsports, youll see the same thing on the SBR trackdays thread w/Jeff Koch and co
Yeah, I did see some cold tearing on other people's bikes, but mine is worn to the wear bars with no indicated cold tearing at all, just balled up on the sides Quite a bit. Should I/Can I go to a 190/55 on my 600RR?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
925 Posts
SPEED said:
Yeah, I did see some cold tearing on other people's bikes, but mine is worn to the wear bars with no indicated cold tearing at all, just balled up on the sides Quite a bit. Should I/Can I go to a 190/55 on my 600RR?
w/o a picture of tire---it is difficult to tell---if it looks ,anything like what Jeff Ks did--its cold tearing---the trench results in severe traction loss---it is damn near impossible to wear a 600 tire out in a day w/o some kind of trenching or other abherent behaviour
 
S

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Trackho said:
w/o a picture of tire---it is difficult to tell---if it looks ,anything like what Jeff Ks did--its cold tearing---the trench results in severe traction loss---it is damn near impossible to wear a 600 tire out in a day w/o some kind of trenching or other abherent behaviour

Unfortunately I've been too cheap to purchase a digicam, so I'll have to ask someone else to do it for me. I checked out my tires after each session to see what they were doing, and just noticed the balling up, and the loss of rubber, lol. The cold tearing I saw on other's tires looked like ripples or fins kind of. I made sure to warm them up a couple laps each session before getting on them hard. everybody else was dumbfounded too. The tire guy just said they aren't for everybody, and that they aren't made in the same way, or with the same materials as the English tires. :thumbd:

It may be that I'm just too hamfisted.....I went through a full 5gals and that isn't usual for me at a track day.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,320 Posts
Did you try the three down shifts into turn #1 or is the 600 to high in the rpms to do that?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
728 Posts
SPEED said:
Hope your day is going well today bro :thumb: .
Today was great. No rain until we were loading up, and it was just a sprinkle. I rode with the fast group and then with the slow group to maximize my time, and boy am I tired. We saw Gblade there, and he was having a blast. Definately cold, but not much wind thank goodness. I think it's time for some rearsets, but they are so damn expensive. :idunno:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
358 Posts
ULEWZ said:
Today was great. No rain until we were loading up, and it was just a sprinkle. I rode with the fast group and then with the slow group to maximize my time, and boy am I tired. We saw Gblade there, and he was having a blast. Definately cold, but not much wind thank goodness. I think it's time for some rearsets, but they are so damn expensive. :idunno:
Great ride today. When is the next one :yumyum:
 
S

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
coderedcbr said:
Did you try the three down shifts into turn #1 or is the 600 to high in the rpms to do that?
I'm running stock gearing still, and was only using 5th gear, so I was trying out 1 & 2 downshifts. Gearing & lap timer are my next two things to purchase before my next track day.
 
S

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
ULEWZ said:
Today was great. No rain until we were loading up, and it was just a sprinkle. I rode with the fast group and then with the slow group to maximize my time, and boy am I tired. We saw Gblade there, and he was having a blast. Definately cold, but not much wind thank goodness. I think it's time for some rearsets, but they are so damn expensive. :idunno:
That's great!!! Wanted to get out there with you guys, but need new tires already :whine: .

Glad you guys had a good time with no water from heaven :thumb: .
 
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Top