Registered
1,260 Posts
Duke, statements like that make me sick !!! :rotfl:

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Duke, statements like that make me sick !!! :rotfl:
dont :beatup:me up rite now, mate, but currently its the best time of the year to ride here (although you can ride all year long) + 3 times a month track days/nights at Dubai Autdrome and starting in February Yas Marina in Abu Dhabi will open its formula 1 track gates for bike track days... :highclap:

·
Registered
303 Posts
Nice! I have a gopro I will be playing with this summer, nothing like that! Just street riding, pretty good video from the gopro.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Nice! I have a gopro I will be playing with this summer, nothing like that! Just street riding, pretty good video from the gopro.
actually the original quality from the camera is a lot betta than the version i put on youtube. had to render it in order to minimize the size of the footage...

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
Very nice video especially at night. One thing, was the actual sound not good enough that you replaced it with music?

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Riding the F1 track at Abu Dhabi would be amazing.

I think I would crash looking at the hotels and hospitality areas !!

Where did that braking marker go ?? :idunno::rotfl:

·
Registered
420 Posts
hey duke, i have some gopro footage i am trying to load up but need to make smaller, what program do u use for this??? bear in mind i have no idea how to do this....

·
Registered
20,980 Posts
yep, sound was lagging... especially when the cam was pointing backwards...
quite a fast circuit, so you had a lot of wind interference as well
Thats a shame on the audio:crap: The video is fantastic, great shots and at night:thumb:

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
hey duke, i have some gopro footage i am trying to load up but need to make smaller, what program do u use for this??? bear in mind i have no idea how to do this....
thats tricky mate. the problem is that the GoPro camera shoots the videos on mp4 format. its on the one hand good, bc u can instantly watch it on your PC, on the other hand bad bc u cannot edit it with most of the video editing software.

But first to the size:
If you want to have files with smaller sizes, u need to make sure that you have choosen the correct resolution on the camera prior to recording the video.
goPro HD offers 5 video resolutions:
r1, r2, r3, r4, r5
If you shoot a 20mins video on r5 the size of a 20mins video is around 2GB, as r5 shoots Full HD Highest resolution 16:9 (with reduced wide angle); I recommend to use r2 for bike videos, smaller file size, great wide angle, longer recording time on the memory stick...

now the video editing:
I am using the Corel Video Studio X2 Ultimate, which works perfectly fine when I want to edit the video raw files of my Sony XR-520 (.mts extension). Unfortunately it does not support the mp4 format (neither does the windows movie maker), therefore I am not able to instantly edit or resize the video on the computer.
No worries, there is a solution (not a perfect one tho) but good enough for youtube...
Found a software called MPEG streamclip on the internet (freeware), which converts MP4 into AVI (or smaller formats), which you can then edit with the editing software or upload on youtube.

Does it makes sense? I tried to make it simple... :confused:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts