Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since crashing my 900rr last w-e Ive been looking for a track only bike. Specifically, I was looking for either a 2001 GSX-R600 or a 2000 R6. However I just came across this rebuilt 2004 Kawa 636 with racing fairings, full akrapovic, k&n and a power commander. Guy's asking 3k. Your thoughts?

Attachments

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no title in Québec. Guy says the front end was rebuilt by racetech. He's raced it for an entire season since then and has a solid repution on the local scene.

·
Registered
12,773 Posts
I'd say its a decent deal. The only problem with the no title is you can't be sure its his. I'd play it by ear, if he has a solid rep then I'd say go for it. $3k isn't a bad price.

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
How much do '04 636's sell for on the road with title?

·
Registered
5,320 Posts
one owner, TITLE, for another $600. Need I say more. I don't mean to be a d*ck but I do not want to see you get ripped off.

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
I'm a little concerned about the damage the bike took that required the rebuild. Was the front end damage bad enough that it required a new wheel, or is there another reason for the orange/black combo?

It still looks like the left side cover is rashed. Have you seen under the plastics?

I think there's going to be a lot of stuff available this spring for decent prices. You may want to offer lower, or wait a bit.

·
Registered
12,773 Posts
It was a tool to show what is out there, not to buy a bike from Texas.
what I was getting at was that if you can't find something you're willing to pay for in your area but can find something farther away you're gonna have to account for shipping costs in what you are willing to pay.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts