Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 112 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Bacchus : Uh, what just happened there?     Appears the cop pulled out facing in the wrong direction had any of the bikes wanted to run     I suppose he had backup downstream though.
Bikes are on one wheel, cop pulls out and blocks the road.

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
It's a repost, for one, and I'm almost certain that it was shot either in the Czech Republic, or Poland.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Why would fellow riders be cheering? Looks staged. You'd think the people would be screaming for them to stop.

It just doesn't make sense.

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
knip : Why would fellow riders be cheering? Looks staged. You'd think the people would be screaming for them to stop.

It just doesn't make sense.
I don't think they're cheering. The noise is made after the impact. Do you hear the screech off-camera, a moment before the standup guy drops the front? Sounds to me like the cop peeled out just to get in the way and not give the rider much (enough) time to react. I could be wrong, of course, but either way, the punishment exceeded the crime in this case, IMHO.

·
Registered
8,824 Posts
2OHOH2954 : ...either way, the punishment exceeded the crime in this case, IMHO.
I'd have to agree. Ghastly video.

FWIW, in the US that sort of response from a peace officer could (and probably would) be construed as deadly force. The point is, in the subsequent inquiry (in Nebraska's case, a grand jury), he'd have to justify what he did in the same way as if he'd have pulled his sidearm and fired on the biker.

At the very least it's a training issue. More likely, it's a judgment one, and unfortunately you cannot teach common sense.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Didn't something similar happen down near Deal's Gap? I thought I read about it on one of the sites. The officer deliberately hit and killed a motorcyclist and then tried to erase the video recording from his squad.

·
Registered
8,824 Posts
Motopilot :   Didn't something similar happen down near Deal's Gap?  I thought I read about it on one of the sites.  The officer deliberately hit and killed a motorcyclist and then tried to erase the video recording from his squad.
According to Conq's new rule, you just insulted me Moto.

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
Chain : Quote (ConqSoft @ Aug. 18 2003, 1:30pm)If the asshole didn't have his front wheel pointed to the sky, he would have seen the cop in plenty of time to stop.
I think I like this crowd... pro-cop.
Never heard that term chain, maybe anti-squid.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Remember that the next time you are going way over 55 and someone pulls out in front of you.

If you weren't going so fast, they might have seen you.

It's the same type of situation.

That's not pro cop, that's anti-motorcyclist. Conq, did you help make the Volvo SUV commercial too?

·
Registered
190 Posts
Confused. You own a XX, but don't speed?

The cop pulled out in front of the guy on purpose. He wasn't robbing a bank, he wasn't shooting at anyone. He had his front wheel in the air just like 99.5% of us have done.

·
Registered
12,126 Posts
If the fear of getting ran over by a police car will get the stunnaz off the street, I'm all for it.

Hopefully this guy didn't live to do it again...

I never said I didn't speed, but I rarely do more than 5-10mph over the limit. I can count the number of times the XX has been into triple digits on one hand (and one of those was on the track). The others were out in the middle of nowhere, where the primary fear is an animal running out in front of you.

I have a motorcycle to ride, not to try to break speed limits, or see if I can go through curves X Y and Z 10mph faster on the street.

1 - 20 of 112 Posts