Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will be picking up a trailer in August and wouldlike to know if this is posible/will it work.

I want to put Rhino Lining on the trailer floor as well as about 6" up the side wall.
Will it me a problem mounting the E-Track after?
Has anyone tried this? Is there a reason not to?

Thanks
Purp

·
Administrator
8,596 Posts
Is that the spray coating stuff? I believe the HondaGals put it in their trailer (and up the side walls). Try searching...I think they've posted pics previously.

·
Registered
4,216 Posts
I have it in mine and it works great.ou can put the rhino lining in and install the tracks after with no problem. I used a product called HURCULINER that i got from the auto parts store and it is about $120 a gallon. I have a 6X12 and used a gallon if I were to do it again I would have gotten atleast a quart more for better coverage toward the back. I just coated the floor only and no rear door or side walls. As far a clean up goes, grass does not like to come out easily but a quick spray of compressed air does the job.

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have it in mine and it works great.ou can put the rhino lining in and install the tracks after with no problem. I used a product called HURCULINER that i got from the auto parts store and it is about $120 a gallon. I have a 6X12 and used a gallon if I were to do it again I would have gotten atleast a quart more for better coverage toward the back. I just coated the floor only and no rear door or side walls. As far a clean up goes, grass does not like to come out easily but a quick spray of compressed air does the job.
Thanks, The reason I wanted to do like 6" strip up the wall was to hose it down. If the trailer I get has a checker plate ramp then there is no point in doing the ramp.

·
Registered
8,271 Posts
FYI, the stuff is very slippery when wet regardless of the texture. I have it on the flip down portion of my ramp and more than one person has crashed on the surface when wet.

·
Registered
11,098 Posts
FYI, the stuff is very slippery when wet regardless of the texture. I have it on the flip down portion of my ramp and more than one person has crashed on the surface when wet.
Sounds like just the ticket for keeping your trailer free of muddy footprints... :evilaugh:

·
Registered
6,731 Posts
We have it on our trailer floor and partway up the wall. It works fine. It does get a bit slippery when it's wet, but not nearly as bad as tiles. On the ramp, I added horizontal strips of grippy stuff, which helps. It's been on the floor for about 4 years and is holding up great. Easy to clean and keep looking nice, too. An unfinished floor can't be washed very well and will soak up everything spilled on it.

A friend of mine sprayed his own and was able to give it a really rough finish, so his seems less slippery than ours, although I haven't run around on it in the rain!:)

·
Registered
8,271 Posts
We have it on our trailer floor and partway up the wall. It works fine. It does get a bit slippery when it's wet, but not nearly as bad as tiles. On the ramp, I added horizontal strips of grippy stuff, which helps. It's been on the floor for about 4 years and is holding up great. Easy to clean and keep looking nice, too. An unfinished floor can't be washed very well and will soak up everything spilled on it.

A friend of mine sprayed his own and was able to give it a really rough finish, so his seems less slippery than ours, although I haven't run around on it in the rain!:)
The stick on tiles I used on my ramp have proved to be a pita, so I will be removing them and going with the RhinoLiner mixed with silica chips. I walked on this concoction after having it hosed down and it wasn't slippery at all. I carpeted the main floor with HD outdoor rated tight burl and it has held up very well.

Having said that, I don't load anything that even looks like it might leak so the carpet works well. If you aren't as OCD as I am, then the "spillproof" treatments may be a better choice.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts