14,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Any recommendation on trailer stores?
In order my preference is:
B'ham area
Nashville area
Knoxville area
North of Atlanta

My preferred trailer is a pointed nose 7x12 with dual axles. I can flex on most things except the axles. (tow vehicle is a GMC 1/2 Sierra with a 4.8L) One with bunks would perfect but probably out of range (places that carry used ???)

Thanks

·
Registered
14,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ND4SPD said:
Why the pointed nose? I've been told they're not as stable :idunno:
More inside space and better mileage. I have heard conflicting reports on the stability. :idunno:

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
just a heads up sheep, I know in canada if you have more than one axle you need to have trailer brakes, not sure how it is there but that can get to be a lot of money when you figure every thing into the equasion, how much are you hauling?

·
Registered
14,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Northern RR said:
just a heads up sheep, I know in canada if you have more than one axle you need to have trailer brakes, not sure how it is there but that can get to be a lot of money when you figure every thing into the equasion, how much are you hauling?
Exactly why I want dual axle. In the mountains where I will use it a bunch the brakes will save the truck a lot of wear and tear. Also it is safer should I be on slick surfaces (snow or heavy rain). Also to a lesser extent if I am headed across say Kansas and get a flat I can keep going since I still have 3 left and change it at leisure (still plan to carry a spare though)

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
Well in that case I know a few shops "north" of ATL that may be of intrest

·
Registered
14,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ConqSoft said:
The better mileage is a myth too....
Actually from work I have some interesting ideas on mileage that might be fun to play with. First though trailer and bike :cool:

PS the mileage t=difference I heard was small (0.5MPG)

·
Registered
14,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
ConqSoft said:
The better mileage is a myth too....
For instance one thing that would be interesting is take the bubble they want to put on the front and put it on the bottom of the back door (low so it does not interfere with the ramp)

·
Registered
3,595 Posts

·
Registered
14,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
bubba said:
:metoo: :hellobye: :hi:

thanks for the plug cbr99xx :smilebig:
I grazed that as soon as you posted :D It is a nice trailer and price but I have my heart set on twin axle. Other things I could flex for a deal like that :idunno:

·
Premium Member
2,692 Posts
This is the company that I was talking about, it's a division of Horton Homes. The salesman that handles the Horton Homes account hasn't been through here today... when he shows I'll try to get some more information.

http://www.hortonhauler.com/cycle.htm

They are made in Eatonton, Ga.

·
Registered
14,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Ignoring the crazy canucks ;) However what inventory volume does Ron Ayers have? Further than what I asked for but...?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts