Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
8,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've seen Manhiem Steamroller twice in concert (Chip Davis is from Omaha and still owns a home here). I have never heard of the Trans Siberian Orchestra, however, and am wondering if they compare at all with one another. Has anyone seen these guys or have any of their music?

http://www.trans-siberian.com/intro.html

Thanks,

-Chain

·
Registered
8,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
'bait, Diesel, that's a good enough endorsement for me. I just bought my tickets, thanks!

·
Registered
12,773 Posts
the lead guy from Savatage is in there along with some other metal/hard rock guys.

Christmas Eve/Sarajevo 12/24 is one of the best songs.

I've only heard them on cd but I highly doubt you'll regret seeing them live.

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
CBR929RE said:
I've only heard them on cd but I highly doubt you'll regret seeing them live.
Same here. They are on my very short list of groups I'd like to see in person. I have a few of their CD's. :thumb:

·
Registered
8,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks alot guys, I'm getting pretty excited. A week from Sunday at the QWest Center Arena in Omaha, and I still got pretty good seats this late in the game!

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
They frequented detroit, the local station was all raves about them, I wished that I could have made it out to see them, but...I moved before I had a chance:thumbd:

Have fun and good to see you posting a "bit" again

·
Registered
10,531 Posts
I saw them once. Like the recordings, but they sucked royal ass live. Didn't even try to make the show interesting.
Wish I could have that ~$100 back.

·
Registered
777 Posts
Dont know if you will get this in time Chain but we saw these guys last night and it was definitely worth the money. All I can tell you is stay for the curtain call, it was very good.

·
Registered
2,179 Posts
Ahh shit, me and the wife were talking abuot seeing them when they came here and it was last weekend now that I just rechecked their site. She was talking about it months ago and I forgot to keep tabs on when they were gonna be here and get the damn tickets. Well, maybe next year. Hope the show is good Chain..

·
Registered
8,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well guys, we went to the concert at the QWest Center downtown last night. In short, it was outstanding. The sound and show is different than Omaha's own Manheim Steamroller. Louder. Harder. Eclectic. More lasers, lights, and pyro effects. It was pretty damned incredible. For those of you who have never seen TSO, it's well worth the money.

·
Registered
8,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
A couple more notes on the concert...

This chick is in the band. Not only is she H-O-T ( :hitit: ), but I can't ever remember more sound coming outta of a smaller girl (make your own joke there). Seriously though, she's 4'-11" (said so during the band introductions) and she can really belt it out!

http://www.jillgioia.com/

...all the musicians and singers were great though!

A final note on the concert: Including a great encore, they played two and a half hours w/o an intermission - straight through! You really get your money's worth with these guys! :clap:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts