Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone heard anything good, bad or indifferent about the lift and transport systems that automatically put the motorcycle in the truck bed instead of pushing or driving it up a ramp? I am thinking of buying one. I know there are many companies that do it, but this is the only one I could find tonight to put on this post. Lift and transport Motorcycles, ToyTrax, Rampage Power Lift for Pickup trucks If you know of another company, or have tried one of these I would love to read what you think!
:patriot:

·
Registered
4,804 Posts
$2500.00???!!

To unload, pull back on the track to start the motion and let gravity and the controlled reverse action of the winch lower your bike to the ground.
You can make a pretty good custom ramp for a fraction of that. Or buy a roomy trailer for not much more.

:welcome:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, I guess I should have said why I am looking at one of these... :huh:

I live in Houston, and getting out of town on Friday is ugly!!!! :eek: I can get on the HOV lane, which cuts about an hour off the commute, but you can't take a trailer on the HOV lane,:crying: so want to put it in the bed. That leaves us with an option like this.

·
Registered
6,731 Posts
A friend of mine has one of those to load her Harley in her Ford F250. I'm not sure if it's that brand or not, but it's the same idea. You can load it yourself. She got the one that will hold two bikes, so she had to remove the tailgate from her truck. It seems to do what she needs it to do. I've seen it work, and it works as advertised. A good option if you don't want a trailer but need to load a bike in a pick-up by yourself. If you want more details, I can ask her about it. You do pretty much lose your truckbed to the lift equipment.

·
Registered
5,397 Posts
Hmmm, seems something like that would have to be a fixed to the bed. Read the installation instructions. Don't think I like drilling into the bed of the truck. :nono: But, it is an excellent idea.

·
Registered
11,098 Posts
Appears to be a pretty good option if you travel solo and don't want to pull a trailer... :idunno:

Seems like a godsend for someone that has an impairment, or just plain can't horse a bike into a truckbed on their own. I think the price seems reasonable for what it does, assuming it works well... :twocents:

·
Registered
10,531 Posts
Why don't you just ride the bike there instead of trailering it to the latest yuppie rally?
Oh right. The whole Harley thing.

·
Registered
11,098 Posts
Or could be like one of my buds...partially disabled but still gets out to ride in short jaunts... :crap:

·
Registered
527 Posts
Seen it in action many, many times.(different brand, i believe, same idea) Owner of the company had his truck serviced at my old job. He always had his harley in the back of it. I guess to demonstrate every chance he got. Works great, but renders the truck bed nearly useless for anything else. If you plan on hauling other things with your truck, I'd suggest just dealing with the traffic and get a trailer.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts