Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We were cutting trails thru our property in NH this weekend. I was cutting up some fallen logs and my brother proceeded to cut another tree. He fully expected the tree to fall the opposite direction but it didn't. The tree was about 25 feet tall and 12" in diameter. Anyway, since I was running my saw I didn't hear anyone yell. The tree caught me right on the noggin. I don't remember anything from the accident. People said I was unconscious and not breathing for almost 30 seconds then I suddenly sat up wide awake gasping for air? :idunno: All I remember was being in the car half way to the hospital with a pounding headache. After x-rays, cat scans, and 17 staples I was on my way. The doc says I was real lucky and have very strong bones. It sucks being nauseous for 2 days straight and not being able to sleep or eat, not to mention only being able to see out of one eye!

That's my fun story of the weekend.

MORAL OF THE STORY: Wear your helmet while riding AND while cutting trees!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
497 Posts
You sure your ole lady didn't whoop your ass?
j/k
At least your still living.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Bacchus said:
I have NEVER seen a shiner like that one before. :thumb:
And I didn't even get hit in the eye. The doc said it was side effect of getting hit in the head so hard??

·
Registered
3,086 Posts
make sure you have the orbit checked around your eye. :thumb: glad you're ok. smoke that tree now. :evilaugh:

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Bacchus said:
Holy Chit MedTech!!! You are one lucky mofo! Glad you are OK, and I might add, I have NEVER seen a shiner like that one before. :thumb:

What Baccy said only with more exclamation points!

Glad you're all right.

J

·
Registered
6,731 Posts
Wow! You're lucky to be alive, me thinks. Yikes! That eye looks nasty, I'd get that checked out by an opthalmologist. Heal quickly!

·
Registered
10,811 Posts
MedTechRR said:
And I didn't even get hit in the eye. The doc said it was side effect of getting hit in the head so hard??
I've been wondering about that. My theory would be that the tree (since it hit you on the back of your head) drove your face into the ground (hence the shiner on steroids). That "side effect" story from the doc sounds very suspicious. The scary part is, this is coming from a doctor. Perhaps other medical types on the forum will chime in. :idunno:

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have lots of scrapes on the other side of my face behind my ear. The tree hit my left side and drove my right side into the ground. I have no pain at all in my eye and can also see perfectly clear out of it once I pry my eye lid open. The eye did'nt swell up until about an hour after the accident. Before that it looked normal. Normal pupil reactivity and normal vision. I also had safety goggles on and they were not cracked or damaged in any way??

From what I hear I also was knocked backwards over another log and landed square on the log with my back. No wonder my back is so damn sore today.

·
Registered
690 Posts
Holy Smoke.......

Heal quick.... cause their is no way for you can be faster then me at Grattan with one eye....LOL

Your head is a symbol on how I feel after my marching band got its asses handed to them last night

·
Registered
3,203 Posts
I think it ws chris rock, or ws it dave chappel..YOU GOT KNOCKED THE FUG OUT!" Glad you came out with minor injuries, it could have been alot worse! I agree with bacchus, thats one hell of a shiner!

·
Registered
8,824 Posts
Better say a quick one before bed tonight. Sheese, that's a pretty substantial injury.

Glad you're going to be OK.

·
Registered
496 Posts
G-Force Junkie said:
I think it ws chris rock, or ws it dave chappel..YOU GOT KNOCKED THE FUG OUT!" Glad you came out with minor injuries, it could have been alot worse! I agree with bacchus, thats one hell of a shiner!
Those were Chris Tucker's words in Friday.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Will,
This happened up in a mountain in the middle of nowhere New Hampshire. We have no electricity/phone and there is no cell phone coverage in the area. Even if we could have called an ambulance there is no way to reach our cabin with anything less than a 4x4 vehicle with a lift and bigger tires. Not much else we could do?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts