Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
395 Posts
Done a couple Half Ironmans and 10 or so sprints. Feeling motivated?! If so, start out slow and do some sprints or find a duathlon. We have a couple here in Austin that are for mountainbikers and trail runners (DirtyDuathlon and the MuddyBuddy) if the road isn't your cup of tea. Really fun events either way.

·
Registered
14,390 Posts
My GF was training up for a kinda short dirt one last year when she broke her arm on the mt bike. Now she's too busy with other stuff to train properly.

She was trying to convince me to do it with her, and I'm sure I could finish, but I have a crap knee and don't want to do all the running.

Go ride your bike 10-12 miles and then jump off, switch shoes as quickly as possible, and go run 5 next weekend...see how you feel about one then. :)

Like Mavic said there's all kinds out there. If you don't want to swim, at least here in Cali there are mt bike, trail run and rowing ones too.

Edit: Uh, in Ohio, maybe you want to ride a stationary and run on the treadmill. :D

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
I've done a few Bi-athalon's. Those are Run-Bike. Pretty good for me except despite running cross country in highschool I am slow as sh!t without wheels under me. I would also be way back off the pace after the run and make up a ton of places once hitting the bike. They can be fun in that regard.

-Shrub

·
Registered
4,132 Posts
I've done a couple of different lengths, with the toughest being a sprint level - 3/4 mile open water swim, 20 mile bike ride, 10k run.

I'd never done anything like that before. Biked recreationally, swam occasionally with the kids, and HATED running. I set a goal for myself, developed a training program over the six months prior to the event, and managed to finish mid-pack. Managed to lose almost 30 lbs. along the way, which was kind of nice too.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts