Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What’s up everyone,

Ok, so yesterday I installed my full system Yoshi R-77(stainless w/Carbon), PCV, K&N air filter. I cranked the bike after reassembly and noticed that that my headers got cherry red just in idle. I shut off the bike with little concern. I didn’t think I was a big deal because I hadn’t mapped my PCV up until that point (I only have Mac computers and we all know that PC uses windows). I eventually borrowed a laptop and loaded a map that PC already has for my setup. The headers didn’t glow in idle or after a short ride, but there is another issue. I know there is a white smoke that is generated while the oil burns off new exhaust, but there is a burning smell that hasn’t went away yet. It was stronger last night, right after install, and it’s a little weaker today. Is it just my new exhaust just breaking in or should I be concerned? :idunno:I have installed a lot of slip on systems and this was my first full system install. I followed all the specks to the letter.

Bike info: Black 2011 CBR1000rr, Yoshi R-77(Full stainless w/Carbon), PCV, K&N air filter, Sato street hooks.

·
Registered
3,890 Posts
Wouldn't worry too much about it. It'll fade.

·
Registered
791 Posts
You spent the money on a full racing exhaust system and power commander, but you're happy to use a generic map?

Get to the dyno centre and get it all dialled in properly.

·
Registered
3,890 Posts
Give him a chance - he's only just put the exhaust on !! :rotfl:

A downloaded map is still better than nothing as the glowing headers showed.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Figured out it was the rubber spring guards that were slightly melting that created the smell. Called yoshimura directly and they said the rubber shouldn't melt unless the bike is running really lean. So looks like I will have to take it in and the map refined.

No Biggie...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts