Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
5,997 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Shortly after landing my 4x4 Tahoe from being several inches off the ground, with the front wheels turned slightly to the left, I lost my brakes. Eventually, they came back, but not before spending $70 to have it towed down to an auto shop where the mechanic said he didn't find anything wrong. A rider I was talking to joked that maybe it was similar to a tank slapper, where the pistons/pads will retract away from the discs, and you have to pump them back. Could this have been the case?

Thanks.

·
Registered
5,997 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, but I guess I didn't try hard enough. The pedal was still hitting the floor when I got home, after trying to pump them back up, so I called the tow truck to haul it to the shop.

·
Registered
14,390 Posts
Yeah, that could happen. The tankslapper knocks the pads back. I'd be surprised if it didn't just go away with a few pumps though. The serious jolt also could've loosened some air up in the system and made your brakes mushy.

·
Registered
700 Posts
ND4SPDSHO : So how exactly did you get a several ton truck a few inches off the ground?  I'm pretty interested in this story

The story of what happened just prior to losing the brakes sounds much more interesting than losing the brakes themselves (unless, of course, the loss-of-brakes saga ended with stopping the vehicle while teetering off the edge of a bridge or something... which it didn't)

details, man, details... were you in hot pursuit of a ho beatdown?

·
Registered
5,997 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
BizJetGuy : Quote (ND4SPDSHO @ Aug. 11 2003, 12:27pm)So how exactly did you get a several ton truck a few inches off the ground?  I'm pretty interested in this story
details, man, details... were you in hot pursuit of a ho beatdown?
How u think dat $hit bout bein' a ho beatdown? Cept it were da pimp in dis incident. Mu' phucka be comin' all up in ma hood, ackin a playa an $hit, tryin ta hussle ma honies away. Pimp Daddy P say UH-UH ta dat $hit dawg. Stack dat mofo outta yere, cross da trax on da po' skreet side. Dats all, y'all.

Translated: Turning left into a gas station, I cut across the intersection quickly to avoid oncoming traffic, and got air on the slope of the driveway, which turns immediately to the left, hence the tires being turned left when I landed.

·
Registered
595 Posts
Just another 4x4 stunna!

Did you flash your gold tooth out the window to the cars as you cut in front of them?

1 - 20 of 32 Posts