Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
917 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 94 cbr900rr motor is completely dead. I'm looking at used ones and have found a few. I am sure about the 893cc 93, 94, 95 will workk and be a direct bolt up. I've also heard that the 96 and 97 919cc will fit also. Is the 919cc a direct bolt up. Also, what would be the advantage to this.. The 893cc and 919cc seem to cost about the same, when the miles and stuff left on it are roughly the same.
So, can anyone confirm the fit, and give me advantages to either..
Thanks..

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
My 94 cbr900rr motor is completely dead. I'm looking at used ones and have found a few. I am sure about the 893cc 93, 94, 95 will workk and be a direct bolt up. I've also heard that the 96 and 97 919cc will fit also. Is the 919cc a direct bolt up. Also, what would be the advantage to this.. The 893cc and 919cc seem to cost about the same, when the miles and stuff left on it are roughly the same.
So, can anyone confirm the fit, and give me advantages to either..
Thanks..

I thought you could use any 900RR engine from '92-'99 and also the CB900F Hornet engines which are '02-'07 I think.

·
Registered
917 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I thought you could use any 900RR engine from '92-'99 and also the CB900F Hornet engines which are '02-'07 I think.
Not Sure, Blade. I will say that I will trust any final info you give. I appreciate your input.
This would give me a wide range of engines to pick from. Is there any thing that would make one choice better than any other? Aside from the obvious, miles and such.
Thanks again.

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
Not Sure, Blade. I will say that I will trust any final info you give. I appreciate your input.
This would give me a wide range of engines to pick from. Is there any thing that would make one choice better than any other? Aside from the obvious, miles and such.
Thanks again.

The Hornet engines are going to be significantly younger than the Blade engines but I think they're tuned for touring rather than sports riding - I'll have to confirm that. I don't think there are huge differences in the 900RR engines other than the 1mm bigger bores for '96-'99.

Yep - they're tuned for 100hp at 9000rpm. From memory, the 900RR should make around 115hp at 10,500rpm or thereabouts?

Attachments

·
Registered
917 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So, I'll stay with a CBR engine, over a CB.
It's good news to hear that the 92 -99 are direct bolt ups.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts