Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So yeah as above... Been starting the bike every week or so while it's not being ridden, it's been trickle charged so the battery is charged fine.

I was starting it up, takes a few seconds usually, idles then cuts out, then idles a bit longer.. Tends to take about 30 seconds or so to keep it running as it's still pretty cold here.

Anyway as it was turning over there was an audible pop/click sound, then the electrics died completely.

Initial thought was a blown fuse, so got out the Haynes manual, found the main fuse and it was fine, even swapped it for a spare just in case and still nothing.

I'm crap with electrics so really don't know where to go from here? battery is charged and was working fine, main fuse is fine.. what next?

Cheers, Chris.

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
So yeah as above... Been starting the bike every week or so while it's not being ridden, it's been trickle charged so the battery is charged fine.

I was starting it up, takes a few seconds usually, idles then cuts out, then idles a bit longer.. Tends to take about 30 seconds or so to keep it running as it's still pretty cold here.

Anyway as it was turning over there was an audible pop/click sound, then the electrics died completely.

Initial thought was a blown fuse, so got out the Haynes manual, found the main fuse and it was fine, even swapped it for a spare just in case and still nothing.

I'm crap with electrics so really don't know where to go from here? battery is charged and was working fine, main fuse is fine.. what next?

Cheers, Chris.

Find your starter relay check there.. what yr and model bike is this your inquireing information about?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The main fuse that I checked it in/on the starter relay.. The main fuse box is under the dash but I don't know what to look for there apart from checking all the fuses?

It's a 1989 CBR400RR(K) NC23 :)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Fixed!

The permanent lead for my charger I had connected to the battery must've been shorting, which is weird cause it has it's own 15a inline fuse that hasn't blown... the main bike fuse is a 30a...

Anyway, removed it, reconnected battery, bike started. Happy days!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts