Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So we pay for Gov employees to even discuss these ideas?

"Any of the changes proposed by the staff, which also would allow scissors, ice picks and bows and arrows on flights, would require Hawley's approval, this official said, requesting anonymity because there has been no final decision."

Let me get this straight soon after 9/11 my Sensor razor was confiscated, like 2-3 years later they allowed metal butter knives back in First Class, now they want to allow Ice Picks and Bows and Arrows as carry on :huh: What next assault rifles? I for one don't mind the simple inconvenience of a pat down or shoe check if it makes it harder for the scumbag terrorists.

·
Registered
2,179 Posts
another person blowing things out of proportion. I say let anyone who is licensed carry on a plane. Fukkers will think twice before trying to hijack shit when they know there's the possibility of half the passangers being armed.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Getsome said:
another person blowing things out of proportion. I say let anyone who is licensed carry on a plane. Fukkers will think twice before trying to hijack shit when they know there's the possibility of half the passangers being armed.
I'm blowing things out of proportion, No I think it was the terrorist fukkers that blow things out of proportion... I fly EVERY week on commercial airliners, sometimes 4-5 flights a week and the idiots that don't want to take off their shoes, check a bag with a knife in it, etc are the ones that blow things out of proportion.

Then again I might have a different perspective then you since I happened to have the unfortunate chance to be in AA's Boston Logan airport terminal when Flight 11 was boarding on 9/11.

·
Registered
3,191 Posts
I dont think that the American Public will let another 9/11 happen. Regardless of if I can carry my knife or not. If Im on a plane and someone starts acting a fool toward the crew or otherwise, Im going to step in and Im pretty sure that Ill have some help. I would love to see them allow resonable pocket knives again. Do I think I should be able to carry my 6" Spyderco Police folder? Nope, but a small 3" blade shouldnt be a problem.
Chris

·
Registered
10,531 Posts
If they really wanted to make it safer for the public and harder for the terrorists the TSA would:
A: never have been allowed to unionize and become a Federal agency, and
B: look for terrorists, not jack around law abiding citizens.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I guess I agree with some of the comments but how does allowing ice picks as carry on relate to either a private or public funded TSA? Have you ever wielded one of those things, any idiot (public union worker not excluded) can see the danger. I have flown almost 2 million miles since 9/11 and some of the things I have seen shock me.

How about a flight I was sitting in row 1 and a very elderly lady went to the front lavatory and opened the cockpit door by mistake, walked into the cockpit and closed the door behind her before she realized where she was. So much for the reinforced door...

Or when I was late for a connection in Vegas and I was rushed through security by an airline CSR without a security check...

I had a six inch flat blade screw driver in my carry on for about 30 flights without even knowing it until a gate side bag check found it and I remembered putting there for a local meeting earlier that year...

Some things I see on airplanes almost every time I fly makes me wonder about security. We have to keep the past in mind I firmly believe we have relaxed security, let's not ever forget what happened.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts