Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

I found this video of a guy that took a '94 CBR900RR and put in a big bore kit & turbo kit. Apparently there is no fuel injection. Carby unit

YouTube - Honda CBR900RR Turbo 300 bhp

anyone have experience with this sort of setup or how hard it would be?
he also seems to have fit an R1 front fairing to the bike. Looks pretty good actually

·
Registered
122 Posts
Yeah the body is R1 and 600RR, the engine is a Blackbird 1137cc Engine with a KKK24 turbo apparently, I would love to see one of these things ridden properly through some tight roads to see how they perform.

Gotta Love Boost

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ahh.. Treay you know the bike?
i wonder how hard it is to do that..
Does the blackbird plant fit in the blade frame?

BTW. where is Cobar? Im on the Gold Coast Aus.

·
Registered
554 Posts
that turbo looks similiar to one a buddy of mine mounted on his RR. His was basically a homemade unit. They made the headpipes too long and the turbo ended up being slightly below the oilpan line. He had hell getting the oil out of the turbo and back in the pan making it smoke badly. He ended up installing a Holley fuel pump (with strainer removed) to scavenge the oil. It was one fast bike. He finally went with a Mr. Turbo unit. nice vid!

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Mr Turbo unit?
I checked their website and didnt find any kits for the blade.
Did your friend make custom pipes and plenum etc?

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
I don't think there are any oil lines to the OEM cooler.
One method of converting a wet sump to a dry sump is to fabricate a spacer to fit between the filter and cases to take the oil off before it gets back to the sump and route it to a reservoir.
I would guess it wouldn't be too difficult to do something similar to take off pressurised oil to the turbo bearings. It's probably easier though to just put a T-piece on the oil pressure sender and run that to the turbo. The return line can be tapped into the sump.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts