Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good day all, I am a Shadow VT1100C owner. I have custom turn signals installed and I have changed them to LED's. I have installed a 2 amp load equalizer and they seem to be working fine. But everything I read states you should require one equalizer per pair of signals. Also, there is a "metric 4 amp load equalizer" out there. The signals are working but I am afraid of causing damage to the electrical system if I don't have the correct load. I did notice that when I had the turn signal going and pressed the break the flashing slowed a little bit. Could someone that knows about this, email me to tell me if what I have is ok or whether I require more equalizers or if I should be using a 4 amp load equalizer. I do hope someone out there has the answers. Thanks in advance for the time and assistance.

·
Registered
32 Posts
you need a 2 amp load equalizer (I like Kuryakyn brand) for the rear and a separate 2 amp load equalizer for the front turn signals. This assumes that all stock signals have been replaced by led lights. If you have stock signals on the front and led on the rear, you would just need the one equalizer.

Do not use a 4 amp load equalizer, it may overload your electrical system.

Note: The led bulbs use far less amps than the standard 1156 turn signal bulbs. The lights will work just fine without an equalizer, but the flash will be very fast. The load equalizer just puts the same load back on the flasher that the standard 1156 bulbs did so your flash rate is normal.

Because there is no flasher on the brake light, if you replace this bulb with an led, no equalizer is needed.

Hope that helps.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts