Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well one of my turn signal bulbs burned out so i figured hey i'll go get a new one..swap in the new one no problem. Well i got the old one out..pushed the new one in to see if it would work....Well i turned it on..the front signal worked..but the back didnt. So i messed around with it while the signal was on and it suddenly got slower then just stopped. Now when i hit either the left or right signal..the front one just turns off. No blinking of any sort. The brake light wont even light up when i hit the rear or front brake. Help!!

·
Registered
595 Posts
Did you check the wiring harness for the turn signals? On my last bike, the harness had come loose after I installed a fender eliminator kit. I would check that first. I hope this helps!

·
Registered
276 Posts
sounds like a wire has grounded or crossed. no lights at all now? check fuse

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the front turn signals, and the brake light will turn on. They run. But when i turn the left/right signal on..The front signal turns off..until i press the turn signal button in. The brake lights, light up in there running mode, but dont light up when i press the brake lever or pedal.

·
Registered
276 Posts
does your horn work ? so you rear brake wont light up or front brake both? sorry just looking at wiring diagram

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yep horn works. When i hit the front brake lever, or the rear brake lever..the brake light doesnt work. If i turn the key..the rear light comes on..but when i hit the brakes the light doesnt get brighter like the brakes are on.

·
Registered
276 Posts
all wire routes for the above mentioned are tied in to turn signal relay via w/g wire (white/green) to check short black and gray terminals with a jumper wire start bike turn on switch if the light does not come on you have a broken wire harness. if the light comes on check for continuity between the green terminal and ground no continuity broken ground wire continuity faulty relay or poor connector

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ok i'll try and do some of what you just mentioned..even though it has me confused as hell lol. i hope its just a connection..cuz i mean it just happened all of a sudden. Why wouldent the brakes come on though?

·
Registered
276 Posts
i am no electrical engineer but from the looks of the wire diagram that one w/g wire is tied in to all the effected systems . and the relay is the only electrical unit other than a fuse, connectors or switches . check and make sure bulb is the same as stock hope this helps

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks rigger..Took a look at the turn signal itself..the wires that go into the bulb were touching..looking they they got ripped out and touched..just put some after market clear turn signals on..looks great. Thanks again..and let me know about that service manual you wanted to send me.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts