Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Craig, and I just purchased a showroom condition 2000 929RR with 1300 miles. The bike is aboslutely beautiful. I bought it to replace my 2001 GSX-R750 that some d*%kless piece of trash stole from me. Extremely happy with this bike. Should have gotten one sooner :thumb:

·
Registered
307 Posts
welcome mate :thumb:
what was it like going from the GSXR750 to the blade?
im trying to get some mates to buy the 929 but they are also looking at the 750

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Back in my hooligan days, :evilaugh: the 750 was a great bike for me. I spent about 60% of my time stunting/showing off, and about 40% hauling ass. The bike rode nice and was fast, but a little quirky and sometims hard to work on. Now, I'm almost 30 :crying: , and the Honda has everything that I wished the 750 had. Its easier to work on. The lighting is better. I like the The quality and finish is noticibly better. Its more comfortable, and the engine is a whole lot smoother. It may not have the raw feeling and race-like attitude of the 750, but overall I think that its a better bike (for me anyway).
Having experienced the loss of the GSXR :crying: , and not wanting to go through that again, I've ordered the Scorpio SR-i500 alarm (that thing is pretty cool.) :thumb: and a Dowco cover...and some locks. Also, it stays locked away in my storage unit when I'm not riding.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Re: Turned FROM the dark side :D

:welcome: Shutox

I think you got your title wrong. It should be "Turned FROM the dark side :D " See isn't that sooo much better! :thumb:

·
Registered
364 Posts
:welcome: to Fireblades.org, SHUTOX, and :cheers:
If you're not familiar with this joint, you'll soon discover it's the simply the best FireBlade forum on Earth. :)

·
Registered
728 Posts
Welcome aboard. My son is in the Navy down there and is going to buy a CBR1000rr when he returns from his cruise (5 more months). It would be great for him to have somebody to ride with. :)

·
Premium Member
2,692 Posts
SHUTOX said:
Now, I'm almost 30 :crying:
OMG.. cry me a river. :rolleyes: :smilebig:

All kidding aside... Always hate to hear about a bike getting ripped off. Always glad to hear of a Honda convert. :thumb:

Welcome to da .org! :cheers:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts