Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
It's got so bad over here, I've decided to stop riding on the road and I'm turning the bike into a track bike. I fitted the fairing today....

·
Administrator
8,596 Posts
Good call! So the transformation has begun...

·
Premium Member
2,692 Posts
Looks good. :thumb:

What brand? Any problems fitting?

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Looking good....specifics please.

?

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The reason for taking to the track is that our roads have got so busy over the last few years. 65 milion people living on an island that is smaller than most US states makes the UK a very busy place to be unfortunately. The main reason is that the Govt has 'declared war on speeding'. Speed traps and speed cameras are everywhere these days and there is no reasoning with them if you get caught. Our national speed limit is 60mph, and my bike does 175mph. Sooner or later I'm gonna get caught at warp speed and lose my licence. If I lose my licence I lose my job :crap: Two guys were recently caught at 140mph on a main Highway and they got sent to prison! :eek: Gun crime, and violent robberies are going nuts, yet the Police think it's better to concentrate on cars and bikes :huh:

Anyhow, the bike now has a Race Products track fairing and seat unit. It was a little awkward to fit, but took about 2 hours to take the street bodywork off and fit the track fairing.

Mods so far....
Arrow Racetech Silencer
PCIIIUSB with custom map
HEL steel brake hoses
Pirelli Diablo Corsa tyres
+2 teeth rear sprocket
Harris rearsets
Harris carbon fibre hugger
Ohlins rear shock
K-Tech forks (resprung and revalved by the guys that won the British Superbike Championship :eyebrows: )
Ohlins steering damper

Planned over the winter...
Gas flowed head
Race / Fast road cams
Arata, Arrow or Akrapovic system
Removed PAIR and Flapper valves

·
Registered
91 Posts
Sorry to hear your leaving the roads David, i hope you come back soon.
Me? I have this perverse enjoyment for dicing with tin tops and although the bike will do 160+, a ton is usually quick enough for me.

How's the forks? I was thinking of getting them to do mine over the winter along with the shox

Sean

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sean

The forks are excellent, although I had to mess around with ride height front and rear to get the geometry back to how I like it because of the stiffer springs. I ended up increasing the rear height, and moving the forks 5mm in through the triple clamp.

·
Registered
134 Posts
DavidW said:
Mods so far....
Arrow Racetech Silencer
PCIIIUSB with custom map
HEL steel brake hoses
Pirelli Diablo Corsa tyres
+2 teeth rear sprocket
Harris rearsets
Harris carbon fibre hugger
Ohlins rear shock
K-Tech forks (resprung and revalved by the guys that won the British Superbike Championship :eyebrows: )
Ohlins steering damper

Planned over the winter...
Gas flowed head
Race / Fast road cams
Arata, Arrow or Akrapovic system
Removed PAIR and Flapper valves
I read a post from abtech stating that if you still have your pair valve and flapper intact, then getting a custom map would be flawed due to the fact that the pair valve would mess up the A/F ratio. Just something to check out.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Sorry guys, I'll be keeping the original bodywork for when I sell the bike on in a couple years.

Arndogg - I thought that myself about the air/fuel ratio. All seems pretty good so far, and I could get too obsessive about these things if I'm not careful! If I get the engine work done I'll need a new map anyway :idunno:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts