Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just to let the .org know what's happening... I just finished the first steps in my planned three phased approach to prepare for the impending doom...er... twins. :p

Phase I included, among other things, selling my favorite bike of all time. The 929 was sold on Christmas eve, it still weighs heavy on me for getting rid of it. I would've rather sold the RC-51. Secondly, the rooms. My 4 yr old decided he wanted a different room, so I had to prepare the former guest room for his new "Space Room". Moved the guest room into the office, put in a chair rail, several coats of paint, art work of the planets and stars complete with "Glow in the Dark" paint for the major constallations, and prep of his old room for the new nursary. Third step in phase one happened today.

I have offically moved from "Semi Cool Dad of a Four yr old boy" to "Future Soccer Coach with kids in tow" The Hemi has been replaced by a whimpy V6. The 9 passenger 04 Durango is now... well... this (Attached)

Time to take a break before starting Phase II. Bye Bye BMW :crap:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks... Nah I don't need the AWD. It's a fully loaded XLE. I must say, they do a great job of throwing every creature comfort in this thing to make you feel better about driving a Minivan. My third Toyota and they just keep getting better.

All in all, this will really make having two infants a little easier to deal with. It's a smooth ride and turns on a friggin dime. I'm very impressed with it.

·
Registered
11,499 Posts
They're a great van. Made me a bunch of money in fall '03 when I worked at a Toyota dealer. :eyebrows: That 3.3L is pretty ballsy. Not bad performance all things considered. You haven't had to get rid of your motorcycles, so your testicles should still be mostly intact. :poke:

·
Registered
2,179 Posts
Would have kept the durango,, you'll need the room.... hell we bought a durango for a family vehicle.

·
Registered
2,827 Posts
My sister just had to buy one of those... she wants to get a license plate that says ASIMILATED...

I'm keeping my Camaro and the kid vehicle will continue to be the 7 passenger SUV... but then again, we aren't having twins!

·
Registered
12,773 Posts
it seems to me that you're thinking twins are gonna be difficult. Me and my bro were easier for my parents than my older brother and sister.

I still stick to the advice I gave you before, do not dress them the same.

·
Administrator
8,596 Posts
CBR929RE said:
it seems to me that you're thinking twins are gonna be difficult. Me and my bro were easier for my parents than my older brother and sister.

I still stick to the advice I gave you before, do not dress them the same.
Geezus, there's two of you??? :eek:

:D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts