Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
#1 If your buddy shows up without full gear on, send em packing

#2 If your buddy shows up with a D&D exhaust, send em packing. Nothing worse for people living on the farm/rural roads than hearing a loud a$$ bike ripping by every 5 minutes

#3 Keep your group down to 5 people or less. Learned this from a local cop. The more people riding together, the more attention it brings from rural residents to the cops.

#4 If you run an aftermarket exhaust, be mindful of how loud it is spitting out tunes. Nothing worse than going WFO with people around. Save that for a straight with little to no homes, if you see people in front of their house at anytime, back off the throttle or pull the clutch in until you are safely by them. Have fun but try to be mindful of the people that live out there.

#5 Big one here. When you are coming up on slower traffic, don't downshift and go WFO around someone. All you are going to do is piss them off (I'm guilty of this one BTW) or scare the $hit out of them. Go 10-15 MPH faster than them, pass them safely, then walk away, don't run. When you have some distance between you and them, or a corner (IE blindspot) light it up a little and get away from them.

#6 When group riding, ride at your pace not the groups. I don't care how fast you are, someone is always going to be faster. No need to ride above your limits, you'll end up crashing. See #7

#7 and the most important. Don't freaking crash! Nothing worse than people driving by and see a sportbike in the ditch and/or on its' side. They'll just shake their heads and it brings unwanted attention. If a few people crash in one spot, be prepared for more law enforcement presence in the area. This will mean tickets, and no fun whatsoever.

#8 If your going to squid and ride a wheelie, for goodness sakes do it where no one is looking, someplace very, very remote. Just this weekend I stopped for gas and some nice lady stopped me and said 'Was that you doing the wheelie all the way down the road?' I said no, and those kinds of riders are idiots and are going to ruin this for the rest of us. I told her to get the license plate # if she could see it next time and phone it in. Sorry no recourse other than this. If the wheelie party continues in the twisties, you won't have twisties to ride much longer. According to the cop I speak to from time to time, they don't mind you running the corners at a brisk pace. But if they hear of people stunting, it's on and they are going to shut it all down.

If you can think of anything else, add it here. Let's try and preserve our roads so our fun doesn't go away. The squid invasion is happening local to me and I'm not going down without a fight

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
booth23 : The squid invasion is happening local to me and I'm not going down without a fight
So that's why figment is always armed.  

Good points there, booth. There's a time and place for (almost) everything; you just gotta spell it out for some folks.

·
Premium Member
2,692 Posts
All good points. Don't think anyone intends for #7 to happen...but I understand your point.

I am actually considering leaving my 954 in track day trim and using the XX for street riding.

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Good points.  There are a couple of things I'd like to add:

1.  Wave to any and all police officers you pass.  If you ride the same route frequently, try and introduce yourself to a few of them and let them know who you are.  They've probably seen you enough to recognize you and if you'd like to stand out from the squids wheeling up and down the same roads, let them know that you're not pulling those same stunts.  This simple courtesy has kept me ticket-free and in their good grace.

2.  Give a 'thank you' wave to cages as you pass them.  It lets them know that you don't feel you own the road.

3.  Wave to the locals as you pass them.  It's their neighborhood and homes you're blowing past so you might want to be as friendly as possible.

·
Registered
11,098 Posts
Mailboxes....

When you see them...slow the fock down...you are in civilization and should act responsibly for your safety and that of others....

When they disappear.....wick it back up....

·
Registered
6,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ER : Good points.  There are a couple of things I'd like to add:

2.  Give a 'thank you' wave to cages as you pass them.  It lets them know that you don't feel you own the road.

3.  Wave to the locals as you pass them.  It's their neighborhood and homes you're blowing past so you might want to be as friendly as possible.
Thanks for posting these, forgot to mention them. I do both routinely.

Also another one. Watch your cornerspeed on the street. Chop the throttle, lean, then roll on. Don't carry so much cornerspeed that you can't straighten the bike up and stop it quickly. Just a month or so ago, I headed into a blind right and lo and behold, a woman was parked right in both lanes at a dead stop. If I was riding any faster I would have smacked her.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts