Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all,

maybe a stupid question but here it is, I have a two brothers exhaust from a 600rr 2005, but now I owe a 1000rr 2006, is it possible to install/adapt the exhaust on my 1000rr without risking the performance or messing up the engine??

thanks in advance..

·
Registered
559 Posts
Anything is possible, but I wouldnt try it unless you have done it before. It most likely wont mess up your engine, but it probobly will cause a decrease in performance. The increase in displacment of the engine means and increase in gas volume, which should dictate a change in the design of the pipe.

·
Registered
258 Posts
id compair the exhaust cans from the two different bikes and see what the difference is if any and it might be that all you would need to do is fab up some type of mid-pipe or connector pipe but im not familliar as to what those two exhaust systems look like at the moment.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I only have the the last part, (no pipe at all), so I was thinking just weld it or bolt it on but I don't know if the interior of the canister is different

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I did put it on, I had to adapt the stock middle pipe by making as "S" weld and by making a plate at the end of the pipe with 4 holes for the screws but it looks good my only concern now is that it smokes like burning oil, I can actually see the end of the canister like oil wet..
Is that supposed to be like that or something is wrong, it wasn't smoking before the pipe was installed...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts