Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
A couple of weeks ago I started my two-week vacation. Started off Saturday Morning about 8:00am in Campbell, CA. Rode up towards Sonora on 108. Took the Sonora pass to 395. Went North to 88 and up over the Monitor pass through Marklyville to 89. Took 89 up over the Luther pass to Lake Tahoe then up and around Emerald Bay to Meeks bay where I turned around. Went back over the Luther pass and hung a right on 88 to go up over the Carson pass. Then down to the Mormon Immigrant trail where it cuts through the Valley to Pleasant Valley Where My friend lives. Got there at about 6:30pm. We watched the demise of the 49ers and the rest of the bad games that week (he has the NFL ticket).
Then set out on Monday morning to go home. I backtracked on the Mormon Trail, 88 (Carson pass), right on 89 (Monitor pass) to 395. I went South passed Mono Lake (that thing is UGLY) to the Tioga pass 120. Just before Yosemite, I pulled over for some hiking (well actually a scramble up the back side of Tioga lake up to Dana Lake just to see what was on the other side). I cruised through Yosemite; rode pass Don Pedro Lake then made it through the Valley back home to Campbell. 900/some miles later the Wing was back in the garage and all I wanted to see were the insides of my eyelids.
Even at 10,000 feet, the temps never got below 65 degrees.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Next time lets see some pics!!!!

Argh, I miss riding out there! My last trip was several years ago but riding through Denver, Utah, California and Washington was incredible.

·
Registered
4,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Jack said:
Next time lets see some pics!!!!

Argh, I miss riding out there! My last trip was several years ago but riding through Denver, Utah, California and Washington was incredible.
Ya know, I take a camera everywhere I go. But it is the hardest thing to stop riding in the middle of paradise simply to take pictures. :crap:
I did take a couple of pics but none came out very good. Lousy photographer could be the main reason I don't take allot of pics. :idunno:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts