Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey all
im looking for some new tyres for my rrv blade , its been off the road now for 2 years was running dunlop d208's front and back rang around to get some new ones but everyone is telling me its hard to get hold of them these days :idunno:the bike still has the 16 inch front wheel which im told is restricting my tyre choice, cannot afford 17 inch swap and 2 new tyres so
can anyone recomend a decent sticky set of tyres for my rrv ???????

thanks in advance

AndY :smilebig:

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
There are quite a few 16" tyres available, most of the major brands do one although they tend not to be the latest rubber available nowadays. I think the Avons and Dunlops might be the newest designs but I'm not certain of that. By way of example, the tyres below should fit our bikes:

Pirelli Diablo
Metzeler M3
Bridgestone BT016
Michelin Pilot Sport
Avon VP2 Sport (I think)
Dunlop Qualifier 2
Conti Sport Attack

I use Pirellis, Diablo front and Diablo Strada rear for a few more miles!

·
Registered
4 Posts
raggedyandy. the michelin pilotpower2ct.front_ and the pilot power rear is what i recommend. you can feel the traction like a new bball sneaker on parkay wooden floor.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks everyone for your input:) very helpfull
ive just been looking at a pair of Dunlop Qualifier 2 's on ebay ,
****...decisions decisions am spoilt for choice now:rotfl:

·
Registered
434 Posts
BT016 are great. However he rear wont last long if you commute. I run Pilot Road 2 on the Rear and a BT016 on the front. Plenty of grip for hitting the curves and the PR2 will easily last 6-8000 miles even if you have to run the slab to work:thumb:.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I have just put a set of Bridgestone BT 023's on my 09 Blade and have to say that if you are not into loads of trackdays that they are a brilliant road tyre.
Well worth checking out if they come in your bikes size.

My bike came new with Dunlop Qualifiers and I have never really got on with them and only lasted about 3000 miles they also felt as if the bike dropped too quickly into corners which was a bit unsettling at times.

Cheers

Steve

·
Registered
59 Posts
I have just put a set of Bridgestone BT 023's on my 09 Blade and have to say that if you are not into loads of trackdays that they are a brilliant road tyre.
Well worth checking out if they come in your bikes size.

My bike came new with Dunlop Qualifiers and I have never really got on with them and only lasted about 3000 miles they also felt as if the bike dropped too quickly into corners which was a bit unsettling at times.

Cheers

Steve
sign of a good tyre that dude if it drops in to corners dunlops can feel pointy thou 3000 miles outta back tyre thats good goin i only got 2200 outta my qualifers....just about gettin 1900 miles outta pilot powers2ct thats on hard drivin on back roads.

·
Registered
61 Posts
sign of a good tyre that dude if it drops in to corners dunlops can feel pointy thou 3000 miles outta back tyre thats good goin i only got 2200 outta my qualifers....just about gettin 1900 miles outta pilot powers2ct thats on hard drivin on back roads.
Sorry Iceman I meant the front tyre as I only got 1900 miles out of the back Qualifier II as I had a puncture and had to replace it.

Youre right about the Dunlops they are a good tyre and they have quite a pointy profile but I still fell more comfortable with a set of Bridgestones underneath me.

Suppose if you find a tyre that you get on with then stick with it.:thumb:

Cheers

Steve

1 - 14 of 14 Posts