Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Evening/morning, wherever you all maybe.
Seem to be having a problem with my tyres, mainly rear, it's a 190/50zr17. Ive put it to a few psi, past few weeks and when I go over speeds bumps, dips in the road or the occasional pot hole, it feels like it's gone down, thuds like it's not enough air in, I've got it to 42psi. This OK for the tyre size? rechecked and it lost a couple psi, checked beading, stem and no holes neither. Doing my head in.

·
Premium Member
930 Posts
42 psi is the correct pressure, but I reckon you should feel very little difference in straight line even as low as 36 psi.

Your symptoms make me wonder if there's a rear shock problem - that would explain any thuds or similar noise.

Also note, that if you're not aware, to check tyre pressures when cold. You could get variance between a cold and hot check.

[I offer this advice with the express wish that I not deprive a mechanic/technician of income]:wink

·
Registered
4,132 Posts
At most I run 36psi in the rear.... but that's just me.

I wouldn't think a thud or other sound would actually come from teh tyre over another issue... rear shock, something in the swinger mount, chain, the list goes on. Tyres do not really seem to ever make much noise in my experience... usually an underlying cause of some sort.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, I was trying to make the list shorter, for what the pro lem could be 😉😂😂 as well as cheaper. Oh well, back to said list

·
Registered
176 Posts
"Tyre problem" well there's your problem, they're 'tires.'

manual specs 36 front, 42 rear so you're filling it right. may have a dirt in the bead or a bad valve stem. any cracks in the sidewall?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts